Chapter 40

Even though its short. You guys wanted it? I gave it to you. Heres your triple update.

He stared at me.
I flinched at him. "I'm sorry. I got caught up. I became so caught up. I don't know what came over me." He babbled, my body and mind felt numb and I swallowed hard and backed away from him. "Are-Are you scared of me?" He asks nervously.
Honesty. I would give him honesty. I wiped the corner of my nose and sniffled, "Petrified." I whisper. His bottom lip trembles and I struggle to my feet. He watches as I shrugged my clothes back on. "I can't." I whisper, shaking my head and biting my lip. My hands shaking I reach them across my neck and tug the collar off. "You need to get yourself together." I whisper and toss the collar on the ground beside him. "Rayleen. I'll do anything. I'm so sorry. Don't leave." He begs softly. I can't look at him. "I safe worded. You didn't stop. You kept going. You just-" I stop and gather my strength. "Drive me to your penthouse. I'm gathering my stuff and going home. As for me being home alone I won't. Amy will be with me. I'll take care of her for her recovery." I state boldly. He's gazing at me in pain and stands to his feet and outs in his clothes. "I'll do whatever it takes." He says shaking his head towards me. "Time apart. I'm done with you." I whisper. I feel his heart drops as mine does in the same instant. "Everything is too messed up right now for us to be together." I mumble and turn my back away from him. "Will you-" I stop him. "Frankly I don't know if I'll come back." I answer and feel the words hit me like a ton of bricks. I walk out the door and hear Eli following behind me. I heard him inhale and I hear the ragged pain in his throat.
He was fighting back tears. I had multiple people approach me. "Would you like to play slave?"
"What Carter was too much for you?" Someone called to me. "Let me show you a good time, little slut." Elliot turned around and went to say a smart remark, but I walked ahead of him and out the door. "Can you blame me for wanting to protect you?" He asks calling after me. "Contradiction. How coincidental You wanted to protect me?" I say laughing in disbelief. I walk to his car and throw myself in the passengers seat. Elliot joins me in the car seat and he inhales, "Rayleen, words can't explain how sorry I am. I love you." He says looking over at me.
I still can't look at him. "But you love your sick guilty pleasure more." I say shaking my head. "No. I don't. I got caught up, I lost my thoughts." He protested. "No Carter. You lost me. You got caught up in what you wanted. What turned you on. So save the bullshit. You love me, my ass." I whisper and he exhales and begins driving. "Baby, lets go to therapy together. I'll abstain from you, I'll wait. Just don't go." He begs. "First of all, don't call me baby. Second of all, that's not going to change anything and lastly, abstinence won't do anything." I spat back. My throat was closing up again. "Ray, it will. Please I'm sorry. I broke your trust. Don't go, we need each other right now." He pursues. "I don't know what I want." I groan and rub my forehead. "Please." He begs. I continue to ignore him and cover my face and let the tears flow. He was so cynical. And yet I was still so - so in love with him. "Rayleen-" I hold my hand up and stop him , "No. Say no more. I can't." I mumble.
The rest of the drive is painfully and quiet and once we turn the street.
I smell smoke. I look over at Elliot who looked just as surprised as I. His eyes were still glossy with agony and we approached his-
In flamed penthouse. Elliot swerved the car to a stop and saw fire trucks surrounding the house. "What the hell is going on?" Elliot shouts as he runs towards an Officer. I follow closely behind him. "Mr. Carter we were trying to phone you. I'm afraid this is arson." He whispers to Elliot. I swallow nervously and notice two fire fighters approach us. "Mr. Carter- I'm sorry but as you may have some remaining artifacts located inside. I'm sorry but Officer Link and Linda Carter were still inside."

~*~*~*~
Don't say I never did anything for you guys.
Arent I good to my slaves?
x