Chapter 52

Amy's eyes were as wide as mine and all I could do was open my mouth and babble like an idiot

"I-I Eli, listen-" But I didn't even know what to say. Elliot's eyes were filled with anger and fury, his fists were balled and his lips were pressed together in a thin line. "So this is why you were so upset about me not wanting kids, cause you might be pregnant. Why didn't you tell me?" He whispers in a harsh tone. I was surprised he didn't yell at me but my skin was still crawling with anticipation. "Because I didn't know for sure and you didn't want any so.." My voice trailed off and I looked over at my new car.

It was awfully beautiful car.

"I have a right to know. That's my child too you know. Despite my belief about having kids, if you're pregnant, don't think Im going to abandon you. Did you think that I was going to leave?" He asks and suddenly he hits my worry dead on. I swallow hard and I feel tears slip down my cheeks and I wipe them with the back of my hand. "Wait, Rayleen, you really thought I'd leave you? Especially with my child?" He's asking in disbelief and I bite the inside of my cheek and look over at Amy who just looks distraught. Like she didn't know what to do. Eli runs his hands through his hair then gets closer to me, running his thumb along my cheek,

"I would never leave you." That's all he has to say and I'm crumbling and breaking down in tears. I covered my face and sobbed silently as I feel his broad muscular chest up against me and I realize he's holding me. And this is what I need.

"If you are pregnant. Then...you're pregnant. If not, then you're not. Either way you cant get rid of me," He whispers as he pets the top of my head gently.

I sniffle and I sigh as I look over at Amy and she smiles softy, encouraging me with a nod.

"Why couldn't have you mentioned this yesterday when I was going off about it?" He asks and I shrug.

"You just seemed so distraught with it all and with everything that's been going on. This would've been the ultimate bombshell." I mumble, biting the inside of my cheek nervously.

He sighs and kisses the top of my forehead.

"There's only one way to find out for sure," he says giving me a glazed look in his eyes.

"Before we do, I guess I should admit to something soon." He finally says and grabs my hand to lead me inside.

"But my baby!" I protest and turn to my brand new shiny beautiful car.

"Your car may not be the only baby," Amy mutters under her breath and I shove her.

"You lucky I wouldn't hit a pregnant woman!" She growls at me and I giggle, "Possibly pregnant woman," I correct, wagging my finger in her face.

Elliot leads me inside the house and sits me down on the couch.

"What is it Eli?" I ask, gulping.

My throat felt like it went dry again and I feared for the inevitable.

"This is something I wanted to ask since I first saw you." He says softly and reaches into his black pants and retrieves a box.

Holy fuck.

He opens it and reveals the collar-only it looks different. The wrap itself is embedded with diamonds and knowing Elliot- more than likely real diamonds. The pendent in the middle had my birthstone in the middle and I could barely breathe.

Mostly because it wasn't what I thought and also cause its gorgeous.

"I re-customized it. Added the diamonds, as they say 'Diamonds are forever.'" He pauses and I feel tears pierce at the corners of my eyes.