For Alexis: Reunited (Niall Imagine)

For Alexia: Reunited (Niall Imagine)

QOTD: What's your favourite drink of all time? I personally love a good juice or a chocolate milkshake. I'm at both ends of the spectrum I know lol.

—————————

*6 Years Ago*

"Alexia! There's something I have to tell you." Niall says excitedly as he grabs your hands and pulls you onto the bed in your room. You and Niall have been best friends practically forever and your families are just as close as the two of you are so its normal for you to just go into each other's houses anytime. You laugh at his enthusiasm but nod nonetheless for him to carry on.

"Okay so you know how I said I was at golf practise yesterday? That wasn't actually the truth." He starts, causing you to look at him with furrowed eyebrows. Why did he lie to you? "Let me explain. I wanted this to be a surprise for you. A couple months ago I signed up to audition for the X Factor and yesterday I auditioned for the judges and I'm through. I'm going to Boot Camp!" He exclaims excitedly. You always knew that Niall has a great voice and you were the one who had told him that he should try for the X Factor. So why, now that he had, did you feel so upset?

"Oh my god that's amazing!" You say supportively despite how afraid you are at the prospect of him going away. He is your first and best friend and to add to that you've had a massive crush on him for a couple years now. Not that he knows. After he pulls you into a quick hug, you ask him about what song he sang and you spend the next couple of hours singing together.

*A Few Months Later*

"Don't you dare forget me or I swear I'm going to find you and kill you." You threaten through your tears as Niall squeezes you in a tight hug before he leaves for a long long time. Over the last few months, he went back for bootcamp and got put into a group with four other guys and they are going onto the live shows so Niall won't be coming back for quite a while if they keep moving forward.

"Don't be silly. I'll come back as soon as I can okay?" Niall assures you. You are split between wanting him to go out and be successful and wanting him to stay with you because you can't bear to be separated from your best friend. Regardless of how you feel though, he is leaving and you cannot do anything about it.

As the show progresses, One Direction gets more and more famous and as much as you follow it religiously, you also accept that you have to move on with your own life the same way that Niall is. Even though his is a lot more exciting. About a year later, you get a scholarship in an overseas university so you pack and move there for the next four years.

*Present Time*

You have just finished your degree course in university so you are going back to Ireland for a while before you decide what you want to do with your life ahead. In the past few years you have been closely following One Direction but you have completely lost contact with Niall. In the beginning you still skyped from time to time but after a while you both got quite busy and stopped talking completely. You are aware that One Direction is currently taking a break but you don't expect Niall to be back in Ireland. Which is why you are shocked when you get back to Ireland, and there Niall is, in your house with your family as they welcome you back.

"Hey..." You say slightly awkwardly to Niall once you are done reuniting with your family and they've left you and Niall alone in your room.

"Hey... I didn't know you went overseas for university." He replies, just as awkwardly, running his hands through his hair which is a lovely shade of blonde now.

"Yeah I didn't know how to contact you because you changed your number." You say, fiddling around with the things in your room because you cant stand still and look at him. Even after all these years, just seeing him one more time has made your feelings for him resurface, despite all the effort it took you to push them away to a secluded corner in your mind.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Everything just happened so fast and when I came back to visit one day you weren't here anymore." Niall is now lying on your bed, like he used to all those years ago.

"Well I couldn't sit here waiting for you to reply to my texts or maybe decide to show up after years, hoping for everything to be the same." You say spitefully and immediately feel guilty. It wasn't fair to blame him. "I'm sorry." You barely say as he gets up and pulls you into a hug, your first tear just falling. He's grown slightly taller and more buff since the last time you hugged him, making you fit quite perfectly against his chest. The two of you just stand there hugging until your mother calls the two of you for lunch. Wiping your tears away, you head to the toilet to wash your face before joining your whole family and Niall's for a delicious home-cooked lunch.

Over the next couple of months, You and Niall spend almost all your time together, just like the old days. One random day, that you now mark as the best day of your life, Niall surprises you with a flight to            , where he confesses his feelings for you, as you do for him. Initially, it is difficult to deal with all the haters but after a while you get immune to it. Of course there comes a time when Niall has to go back to work but you figure it out, as you always do.

————————————

Idk how I feel about this one but I hope you enjoyed it. This imagine is dedicated to secret_badgirl. Thanks for requesting! :)

Social media :

Twitter: @_VidhiS

Instagram: @_vidhis

Ask.fm: @Vidhi_S

Pinterest: @VidhiSIng

Tumblr: @vidhi-s

Stay Awesome <3