Chapter 35 - Hallucinations.

After the long day, it felt weird when Yasmine didn't have to see Mrs. Bakely anymore. In fact, she was missing her. After she got home from school, Yasmine decided to call her to see how it was going since she lost her job over a week ago. She didn't answer. With that being said, Yasmine went about her day and started doing her homework. Her History and her Language arts class had improved by a letter grade by the time next week came about. Next Monday, was finals for her. After taking a shower and giving Lela a bath, she lotioned her up and placed her pajamas on before giving her her teddy bear.

"Alright, Lela." Yasmine smiled. "You can go to bed now."

"My light night is black..." Lela said, not leaving her room.

"Oh my gosh." Yasmine snarled. "Your night light died AGAIN?"

"It keep going black even when it's yellow all da time." Lela said, clutching her teddy bear.

"Lela, do you cut your night light off when you leave your room?" Yasmine asked in a strict tone.

Lela looked down at her hardwood floor, arching her toes.

"No.." Lela sighed. "I don't because I don't wanna forget ta leab it on-"

"Lela, you HAVE to cut your night lights off when you leave for school or else mom will stop buying them. That's how they die fast." Yasmine snarled. "And you're gonna have to start being a big girl and sleeping by yourself when it does."

"Well can I sleep wib you ageen?" Lela asked. "Until mommy gets a new light?"

"Tonight ONLY." Lela said as she opened the covers on the side that was by the wall. "Come lay down."

As Lela crawled onto the other side of the bed, Yasmine decided to vent to her little sister since she was always willing to listen.

"I have a little story to tell you, Lela." Yasmine whispered, snuggling closer to her. "Are you gonna listen?"

"Oooh yas!" Lela smiled as she looked up at her sister.

"Kay. It's about a young girl." Yasmine said. "One day, a girl got into a small accident and woke up somewhere that wasn't on earth. It was heaven. When she got there, she met ALL TYPES of people that she liked!"

"K!" Lela nodded.

"But, she met a boy there that she liked as well. He was sweet, kind, and they both wanted to be boyfriend and girlfriend." Yasmine said. "BUT, the girl couldn't be girlfriends with the boy because he isn't on earth anymore."

"Oh.." Lela nodded, puckering her lips.

"So should the girl be with the guy who's in heaven or should she meet a guy who's in real life on earth?" Yasmine smiled, referring to herself.

"Mmmmmm, I think that the girl should b wib da boy in da heavens." Lela nodded, showing her snaggle teeth.

"But what if the girl could die if she sees that boy in the heavens?" Yasmine asked. "Would you still want her to go?"

"Well, yah?" Lela smiled. "That way the boy and da girl can be fairy princess and man and dey can have children and get married on da royal castle!!!"

Yasmine had no clue was she was talking about, but she understood her point. However, she couldn't really take a word of advice from her sister. Lela was only 5 years old. Her mind was completely elsewhere in terms of maturity. Lela had some growing up to do since she was only 5 years out of the womb.

But how could Yasmine be "in love" with someone who was dead?

Meanwhile, Benji and Trayvon were catching up after they dropped Tara off at her house. Both of them started walking to Benji's house to drop him off as well.