Chapter 47 - Square 1.

After Yasmine got to leave the hospital, she started to feel a little better. Even though she couldn't get her mind off of her father, knowing that he was in a better place eased her mind.

But Y'vonne, Y'vonne lost it.

When they got home around 12:30pm, Yasmine decided to go to bed and ease her mind off of the news. 5 minutes after laying in bed, she heard her mother sniffing inside of her room. When she got up and walked inside of her room, she seen her mother crying silently in her bed. She was rocking back and forth with her palms on her forehead, holding a lit cigarette in her left hand.

"Mom! You're not supposed to be smoking!" Yasmine gasped as she ran over to her and took the cigarette out of her hand. "What's wrong?"

Y'vonne didn't say anything. She started to cry even harder as Yasmine took a deep breath and placed her arm around her mothers shoulder, trying to comfort her.

"I'm..I'm fine Yasmine......." Y'vonne lied, talking in her shaky tone. "Just give me some time alone, alright?"

"Okay." Yasmine sighed as she stood up and prepared to walk out of the room. "If you need me, I'll be in my room. Just let me know, mom."

As Yasmine shut her door, Y'vonne started to cry even more. After she settled down 10 minutes later, she grabbed the needle under her pillow and started shaking as she glanced at it. There was only a little bit left. Not caring what the outcome was, she shot it into her arm and let it run through her system.

Meanwhile, Wendell was waiting at home for the boys to arrive there. He didn't talk to Latoyia at all, which was good because he was distancing himself away from her. An hour after he woke up and got ready, someone knocked on his door.

It was Trayvon.

"What up, nig?" Wendell said as he gave him a handshake, stepping outside of his home and shutting the door. "Where erbody else at?"

"At Victor's. Them lazy ass nigga's ain't feel like coming so I came by myself." Trayvon laughed as they started walking. "Anyway uh....we chilling in the house since it's a little cold outside."

"Oh aight." Wendell nodded. "Y'all got the blunts?"

"You know it!" Trayvon chanted in a high pitched tone. "You know it wouldn't be normal if we did-"

Suddenly, someone bumped into Wendell as they were walking. He stumbled back a little and looked at the unknown boy as the unknown boy gave him a grim look.

"Excuse you!" The boy barked at Wendell, giving him a grim look.

"I'm sorry, man." Wendell said as he placed his hands up. "I didn't see you."

Trayvon wasn't having it. He scrunched his eyebrows at Wendell, then looked back up at the boy.

"Nah actually I think you was in his way." Trayvon said to the boy. "Learn how to move next time."

"Was you talking to me?" The boy snarled at him.

"Yeah nigga who else would I be talking to?" Trayvon barked as Wendell placed his hand on his chest.

"Trayvon, stop." Wendell sighed.

"I dare you to say it to my face." The boy said as he stepped into Trayvon's face, glaring him evily in his eye.

"I'm in your fucking face." Trayvon said, not backing down while balling up his fists.

"Trayvon! Come on, nigga." Wendell said as he grabbed him and snatched him away, watching as Trayvon gave him a sharp look and turned away to continue their walk.