Chapter 23 - "Think Again."

Mrs. Bakely froze. She stood there with the shovel and stared at her father as he stepped off of his porch. Once rain started to come down in the sunny state of Florida, Mrs. Bakely dropped her shovel and slugged her shoulders.

"Dad I just.....l want you to tell me the truth." Mrs. Bakely said as rain trickled down onto her brown hair. "Is mom buried back here or not?"

"What are you talking about, dear?" Her father asked.

"My metal detector detects something in this spot and...." Mrs. Bakely said, breaking down and crying in the rain. "I just.....I just miss mom.."

Her father walked out into the rain and cradled his crying daughter, letting her cry on his shoulders. He took a deep breath and kissed her on her forehead, looking at her.

"Sweetheart, you need some rest. Those patients in your office are finally getting to you." Her father said. "You can stay over here, tonight. Come inside."

The next day was brighter than usual. Also today, was Friday. Yasmine was still on punishment, so she couldn't do anything for that day. What was worse, is the news that her mother came in with.

"Yas?" Her mother said as she peeked into her room. "Mrs. Bakely's out today so.......you're staying here and watching your little sister tonight."

"Are you kidding me? She's out?" Yasmine snarled, really wanting to go. "And why do I have to watch Lela when you're gonna be here?"

"Because I have to work all night up until 8am. And damnit, because I said so!" Her mother said. "You just watch your sister and take her to ballet practice tomorrow, alright?"

Yasmine paused then slumped back under her covers, preparing to go to sleep.

"Yeah." Yasmine groaned.

"Yasmine, I'm not punishing you to be mean. It's because I care." Y'vonne sighed as she hung onto the door. "I have a feeling that we've lost your father because he wouldn't bail out on you and Lela, so I'm DAMN sure not going to let anything happen to you girls. Alright? I love you."

"I love you too, mom." Yasmine said as she turned around, glancing at her mom while she stood in her doorway.

Y'vonne cracked a small smile and closed her door shut, making her way downstairs. Once her mother got into her car and drove off into the city, Yasmine jumped up from her bed and immediately dialed Isaac's number on the home phone.

"Hello?" Isaac answered in a weird tone, not knowing who's number it was.

"Isaac, call Kim, Sandra, and Chauncey and tell them to come over." Yasmine said in an excited tone. "My mothers gonna be gone all day today!"

Within an hour, all four of her friends came over.

The five sat in her mothers living room at 9:55am, doing nothing but eating everything that was in their fridge. They sat around watching Tosh.O, laughing at all of the ridiculous and funny videos that came on top of the screen. As Chauncey got up and opened the fridge, a whole bunch of papers fell out from the top of it.

"Oh shit!" Chauncey whispered out loud as they scattered all over the floor. "Let me get that! I got it. I got it!"

As he picked up each paper and organized them on the table, he seen one paper about Yasmine. This sheet mentioned about her therapy and what she was suffering from.

Hallucinations.

"No hoh hoh way, Yas." Chauncey laughed as he walked over into the lower part of the living room. "I didn't know you were in therapy!"