Chapter 56 - Deception!

When Wendell woke up, his vision was blurry. All around him, he could see nothing but bright lights inside of a golden area. When his vision became clear, he looked around and seen that he was bound together by rope. Trayvon and Jesus were sitting in a chair above him while he laid on the ground.

"Where.....where am I?" Wendell slurred as he wiggled a little bit inside of his rope. "Where's Ayana?"

"Wow, Wendell." Jesus laughed. "You're bound together and the FIRST thing you're thinking about is a child? Hell, you've only known the little girl for 2 weeks or so!"

"She's not just some little girl!" Wendell barked. "She's my chil.."

Wendell paused. He couldn't believe that that slipped out of his mouth. As he laid his head back onto the floor, Jesus stated laughing hysterically at Wendell's comment.

"You're not the father of that baby, Wendell." Jesus laughed. "And no matter how much love or care you give to her, she will NEVER be your child."

"You don't have to be the biological father to be someone's father." Wendell growled.

"Oh, I doubt tha-"

"Look, just where is she?" Wendell asked in an agitated tone. "And what am I doing here?"

"Hasn't Trayvon told you already?" Jesus laughed. "He had to choose one of his peers to go to hell for his evil sins!"

Wendell froze. He stared at Jesus for a while, then looked at Trayvon.

"So you chose me, huh?" Wendell asked in a hurt tone. "What did I do to you? We don't have beef anymore..."

"I didn't have no choice." Trayvon said, tearing up as he watched Wendell give him a saddened look. "My mom was on the line, Wendell. That should be enough for you to understand."

Wendell tucked in his lips. He slowly nodded his head, looking away from him.

"Alright.." Wendell sighed. "I understand."

"Wendell it ain't nothin' I got against you and you know that." Trayvon said in a serious tone. "You my boy and its always going to be that way."

Wendell kept his eyes down at the ground, then looked up at Jesus.

"J, can I just see Ayana one last time?" Wendell asked in a saddened tone. "After that, I don't care what you do..."

The serpent grimmed him, then folded his arms.

"I'll see what I can do about it." Jesus responded in a sinister tone.

As the serpent set his plan into motion, Yasmine was asleep and preparing to go to school. Y'vonne was starting to feel a little better as well. But while she was sleep, she started to feel her temperature rise rapidly. She was extremely hot. First, she kicked her blanket off of her body and laid out onto her bed. When that wasn't working, she stood up and got ready to take off her top. But when she opened her eyes, she realized that she was in one place.

Hell.

When she looked around, she seen that she was standing on a small rocky and caved area. When she looked at all the other places she could go, she seen nothing but fire and lava ahead of her. When she looked down, she seen Benji hanging onto a large boulder.

"Benji!" Yasmine cried as she walked onto the edge of where she was standing. "Is that you?"

His skin was a darker shade from what it normally was. It went from a light caramel, to a golden brown.

"I......." Benji whispered with his eyes closed, unable to talk. "Help...me..."

"I have to be dreaming." Yasmine whispered to herself. "I didn't take any medicine."

"No! Don't.....don't leave..." Benji begged in his high and weak tone. "It's real...I'm burning..."

"How? What'd you do to get here?" Yasmine cried out. "How did I get here?"

"You have to help....help me, Yas..." Benji whispered again. "Without you.......I'm gonna...burn......."

"But how, Benji?" Yasmine asked.

Suddenly, Yasmine jolted out of her sleep. Her face was drenched in sweat. When she looked around, she realized that she was still in her calm and quiet bedroom. She continued to pant, before turning over and looking at the anesthetic and note that Trayvon left for her.

It was about Benji disappearing.

Yasmine really didn't want to do it, but Benji was her friend. He was dying and she was the only person who could do something about it. Yasmine teared up, took a deep breath, and wrote a 20 minute note to Lela and Y'vonne just in case she didn't make it. With that being said, Yasmine rolled up the sleeve to her long sleeved pajamas. She grabbed the needle and started to shake, realizing that this may be her last time ever being on earth. She stuck the needle into her arm and injected 1/3 of the medicine into her system, sending her off into a deep sleep.

She was coming to help Benji and the others.

Meanwhile, Latoyia was awakened by the noise of Ayana crying in her crib. As usual, she got out of bed and picked her up, preparing to change her diaper.

But what was unusual, is that the minute Ayana seen her mother, her crying would stop. After changing her daughters diaper and realizing that she wasn't done crying, she picked her up and tried to rub her back and rock her. Ayana still wouldn't stop crying.

"Ayana, what's wrong?" Latoyia whispered as she rocked her back an forth, rubbing her back.

Ayana cried heavily, taking deep breaths in between. Latoyia sighed and stood up, preparing to make her a bottle. However, she wasn't able to find where the formula was. She sighed and tried to call Wendell to see where he put it.

Once Ayana seen the picture of Wendell pop up in the contacts, she stopped crying and looked silently at the picture. Latoyia scrunched her eyebrows and looked at Ayana, cutting the phone off. Once she did that, Ayana started to cry slowly then hard again, when Latoyia cut the screensaver back on. Again, Ayana stopped crying. The baby looked at the screensaver and started slobbing on it, struggling to keep her bobbled head up. Latoyia looked at her daughter, then stared off into space.

"She misses Wendell..." Latoyia thought to herself.

While this was going on, the serpent was getting ready to set his plan into motion. Declining Wendell's request to see Ayana one last time, the serpent smiled, stood over him, then prepared to snap his fingers.

"Any last sayings?" The serpent smiled as he looked at Wendell.

"No." Wendell said in a saddened tone. "Just, send me off I guess..."

Trayvon turned his head, already crying from the fact that he had to turn his friend in to save his own mother.

Suddenly, the real Jesus walked through the door to prepare and send another angel on earth home. When he glanced inside of the room, he seen Trayvon, Wendell, and an impersonation. His eyes widened in confusion as he looked around. Trayvon and Wendell's mouths dropped the minute they seen two men.

"What's going on?" Jesus asked in a serious tone. "Do my eyes deceive me?"