Chapter 40 - Forgive.

When Y'vonne got home, she carried Layla into the house and placed her on the couch in the guest room downstairs. She walked into the living room and watched as Mrs. Bakely pack up her notebook, placing it into her small suitcase of business papers.

"Yasmine, I have a question." Y'vonne said, shutting the door.

"Yeah?" Yasmine asked.

"Have you been uh.....telling your sister about these "Trayvon Martin" hallucinations you've been having?" Y'vonne said in a strict tone, placing her hands on her hips.

"No?" Yasmine replied. "Why'd you say that?"

"At the restaurant we went to, she kept on pointing at the TV screen, chanting "Trayvon! Trayvon!" when she never knew who he was before." Y'vonne said as she slipped off her shoes and placed her money on the table for Mrs. Bakely. "I just found that a little......odd."

"Well I haven't." Yasmine said, shaking her head as she placed her hair into a bun.

Yasmine glanced at her mother and gave her a weird look. She knew that Y'vonne didn't believe her.

"Really, mom?" Yasmine barked. "Do you really think that I injected my own sister?"

"Well the way you've been acting-"

"Wow. You know what, I cannot believe that you're actually that much of a shitty parent to believe that I'd inject my own 5 year old sister with some damn medicine!" Yasmine snapped. "Maybe I'm not the one who needs to see a therapist-"

Before Yasmine could finish her sister, Y'vonne smacked her in the face and grabbed her arm, leaving Mrs. Bakely to sit there in an awkward form.

"You wanna get all bitchy with me?!" Y'vonne barked in her face. "Take your ass up to your room and stay there for a week."

"I'll stay there for 2." Yasmine growled through her grit teeth, giving her mother an evil glare as she snatched herself away from her mothers grip and walked upstairs. "Get the hell off of me."

As Yasmine slammed the door to her room upstairs, Y'vonne let out a frustrated groan and shook her head, placing her hands on her hips and looking at Mrs. Bakely.

"You don't understand how hard it is to raise children." Y'vonne growled, shaking her head. "Anyway uh.....how did the meeting go?"

"Well, she still believes in these hallucinations." Mrs. Bakely sighed as she continued to pack her things. "She still thinks that she's talking to these 'ghosts' of some sort. Not to mention that I have to fix my relationship my dad..."

"So, he wasn't a murderer at all?" Y'vonne asked.

"Well he confessed to me that he killed my mother, but she wasn't in the place that he said that he buried her in." Mrs. Bakely groaned. "I have to uh........I have to figure out why he confessed it to me. It's a long story."

"Well while you figure that out, I'm gonna figure out what I'm gonna do with my daughter." Y'vonne laughed as she let Mrs. Bakely out. "I'll talk to you later."

For the rest of the Saturday, Yasmine didn't talk to her mother. She couldn't believe that she would actually accuse her of injecting her own sister with some deadly medicine. She spent time in her room watching videos of the trial in the Trayvon Martin case all the way up until night time. She went downstairs, ate, and went back into her room when she realized that her mother put Lela to sleep.

However, her thoughts on how she could talk to Trayvon along with another group of dead people still boggled her mind. Ever since Trayvon gave her George Zimmerman's address, she believed it. Again, she snuck out of her house and made a trip to the same address that Trayvon had wrote to her.