Chapter 31 - s p l i t .

As Wendell began walking home by himself, he remembered that he had something else to tell Benji. As he jogged back and knocked on Benji's door, he watched the door crack open. He slowly opened the door and looked around at his 80's like home.  Adida's posters, records, etc.

"Yo, Benj!" Wendell said, walking around. "I gotta ask you some-"

"Aye aye don't come in here!" Benji said in a shaky tone. "I'm.......just wait!"

By the sound of his tone, Wendell could tell that he was crying. He creaked the door open and seen Benji sitting on his bed, wiping his tears. When he looked up at Wendell, he could tell that he had an angry look on his face.

"Come in, man..." Benji snarled, wiping his tears again.

"Wait a minute, I KNOW you ain't cryin' over them niggas?" Wendell said in an angry tone. "Are you really gonna let their asses break you down like this?"

"I'm not crying because of what that bitch nigga Tray did to me i'm crying because I thought them nigga's was my real friends!" Benji barked. "I thought that that they were my friends and I guess they ain't!"

"You know what, they say some hurtful shit, but I ain't never let them break me down." Wendell said, shaking his head as he sat down next to him. "Also, they only continue to do this shit because we allow them to do it. You notice that Tray or Oscar never try Victor because they know that he'd whoop their asses. Not so much Tray, but definitely Oscar."

Wendell shook Benji's hand and looked at him, then stared angrily off into space.

"We gotta act just as ruthless as they do." Wendell said in an angry tone. "And I know how."

The next day, Victor, Oscar, and Trayvon picked up Wendell and Benji as always, then started making their way to the park. Everyone had small talk and chats on the way there before asking the one question that stopped it.

"So who's getting the food and the blunts?" Victor asked in a noncholant tone. "And it's not me because I get it for y'all nigga's every single time."

"And don't act like I haven't either nigga because I do." Trayvon said in a strict tone. "So really it's down to Oscar, Wendy, and Benj."

"Actually, i'll go get it." Wendell cheesed. "What do y'all want to eat?"

"KFC." Victor said.

"Nah. I'll pass." Wendell smiled. "I think I want some Fridays. Sounds good, Benj?"

"Yeah that sounds pretty right. I've only been there once since it wasn't around when I was born." Benji shrugged as they started walking off. "I'll come with ya'."

"Aaaalrighty?" Oscar shrugged as he looked at the boys. "Come on. Let's go take our asses to the park."

As Trayvon, Oscar, and Victor walked to the park, Wendell and Benji were just getting started. They laughed to themselves as they both flew to the closest Fridays to get what they wanted. When they landed and snapped their angel wings back into place, Benji and Wendell discussed what they were gonna do next.

"Shit..." Wendell gasped as they walked inside of the restaurant. "We forgot to ask them what they wanted!"

"Don't worry. It doesn't matter." Benji smiled. "Because they aren't getting anything anyway."

As they grabbed the food and the blunts, the rest of the boys waited at the park. 20 minutes later, Wendell and Benji flew over them and landed in the park with two large bags. Everyone else smiled, preparing to eat, drink, and smoke like they always did.