Chapter 25 - Switched.

Y'vonne made her way home and wanted to punish Yasmine, but that wasn't what she was concerned about. All she was worried about was her life. When she arrived at her home, she walked into Yasmine's room and noticed that she was laying in her bed, texting.

"Yasmine, I need to talk to you." Her mother said in a serious tone, sitting in front of her on a stool. "Give me your phone."

"What did I do now, mom?" Yasmine sighed as she handed her the phone.

Y'vonne set her phone aside and looked Yasmine in her eyes, preparing for a serious conversation.

"I talked to your teachers today." Y'vonne said in a serious tone. "You know you're on the verge of failing two classes, right?"

"Which ones?" Yasmine gasped.

"Your history and your AP History classes." Y'vonne said in a serious tone. "You wanna know what else they told me?"

"What?"

"They told me that you've been having nosebleeds." Y'vonne said. "I'm going to ask you one question and I want you to be honest al...."

Suddenly, Y'vonne paused and looked over to the side. She was trying her hardest not to cry.

"Why are you crying, mom?" Yasmine asked in a concerned tone.

"Have you been taking some more of that medicine, Yasmine?" Y'vonne asked as her eyes filled with tears. "If you lie to me, I'll beat your ass. Be honest."

Yasmine paused, then took a deep breath.

"Only twice mom.." Yasmine said in a sentimental tone. "I just was....."

"Do you know what that shit is doing to you Yasmine?" Her mother growled in a raspy tone. "Do you know what your nosebleeds indicate that you're closer to?"

"No...."

"Death, Yasmine. Death!" Y'vonne shouted. "The doctors said that if you keep on injecting yourself with it, it's starts out with nosebleeds, then blood comes out of your mouth, then you'll have a brain aneurysm and die!"

Yasmine felt bad. Again. She bowed her head and looked down as Y'vonne got up and stormed out of her room.

"I have nothing else to say." Y'vonne said as she walked to her room. "If you want to kill yourself and leave your sister here alone, go ahead."

As her mother stormed off, Yasmine seen Lela standing at her door. Lela looked down the hall, then walked into her sisters room.

"Why mommy cryin'?" Lela asked as she stood by Yasmine's bed. "Is she mad?"

"Mommy's just mad at me, that's all." Yasmine sighed as she placed her arm around her little sister. "I'm just......I'm just trying to be better."

"A better girl?" Lela asked.

Yasmine didn't think about it. She kissed Lela and placed her in her bed to sleep with her.

"A better sister." Yasmine whispered as Lela got under her covers. "A better daughter."

Meanwhile, Benji was at his sons house, taking in everything. His son had a nice home, nice family, and a nice life without him. The sad part is, his son never asked about him once. He didn't have any photos of him inside of the home, he didn't talk about Benji, or acknowledge him at all. Benji sat on his sons stairs, crying and enduring that he had a son who didn't manage to learn about his biological father. Right when he thought that he couldn't endure it anymore, a light came over and hovered over him.