Not mine was written for me

Not mine

"I'm running to the store quick, Jenni? Did you hear me?" your boyfriend Harry asked as he stood at the bottom of the stairs in yours and his flat. "Yeah, you go ahead! Love you!" you shouted back as he smiled and continued out the door, keys in hand. It was a lazy Saturday consisting of cleaning, watching television, and pretty much doing absolutely nothing. Harry had just run to the grocery store to grab a few groceries, while you stayed back at the flat. It was now afternoon as you were currently mopping the floor in the kitchen. With your I-pod on full blast to Demi Lovato's 'Warrior', you danced across the kitchen. You finished the floor, pausing the music once you were done and setting it on the table. You lent back against the counter as you thought about the lyrics. You absolutely adored that song and the message it gave. You smiled as you walked in the main room, plopping yourself down on the sofa. While you watched countless re-runs of drama series, your gaze soon shifted over to the large grand piano in the corner. You had almost forgotten that Harry bought that for you when he found out you can play piano. You felt awful now, because you haven't exactly used it...well, at all. You had learned to play piano when you were a little girl, but had recently neglected your skills. Not that's you'd forgotten, more like no reason to play. You were curious though as you stood up from your spot on the sofa and made your way to the piano. Your fingers brushed against the smooth glossy top as you scooted to the other side and sat yourself down on the small, yet confortable bench. You traced your fingers over the small black and white keys as you remembered how much you used to enjoy being the one to make the instrument sound so inspiring. You heard the sound of a note as one of your fingers pressed the key, then another. Before you knew it, you were playing like you'd never forgotten. Your mind forgot the world as your fingertips danced across it keys. Without hesitation, you started playing the intro to "Warrior" as there was no doubt it was song you knew quite well. You let yourself go as you began to sing the first verse, "This is a story that I've never told. I gotta get this off my chest to let it go. I need to take back the light inside you stole..." you sang as you felt warmth and happiness fill your mind. Now you couldn't remember why you ever stopped, you loved this. You continued to sing, now at the chorus, "Now I'm a warrior, now I've got thicker skin. I'm a warrior, I'm stronger than I've ever been. And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in. I'm a warrior, and you can never hurt me again." "Jenni, that amazing. I didn't know you could sing so beautifully!" Harry spoke up from the doorway he leaned on. You jumped from shock since you didn't hear him come in through the door. "Harry you scared me!" "Sorry Jenni, but why didn't you tell me you could sing?" he asked coming closer. "I guess I've never really thought about it as much of a talent, but thank you Harry." You said as you smiled shyly. He extended his hand toward you, which you took. As he pulled you up and into an embrace, you smiled against his neck. "Hearing you sing Jenni, it's the most beautiful thing in the world. It only makes you makes you more perfect in my eyes, and I couldn't be any happier." he complimented as he pulled away and looked deep into your eyes. You giggled as you looked at the ground, a smiled plastered on your face. Soon his one finger was under your chin, bringing your face up to look at his. His eyes were filled with love as he lent in closer to you. As his lips brushed against yours he whispered, "I love you Jenni, and your singing." You softly laughed as you breathed, "I love you too Harry." His lips pressed to yours sweetly as he kissed you. You smiled into it as your mind filled with even more love for Harry than there already was.