Chapter 67: Can't Do It By Myself

Becky's POV

One week later

I've been thinking about whether or not to keep the baby all week. Michael's been trying to help me decide whether I should or not, and so have my parents.

I told them about the cancer the day after I found out myself, and it doesn't take a genius to work out that they were shocked by it. They've been doing everything they can to cheer me up and make me happier since they found out.

As for Jasper and Charlie, they were told a few hours after mom and dad. They understood why Michael was in such a rush to get home when he was collecting Jason, Ollie and Miracle last week, and they too have been trying to make me happier.

But the baby ... what am I meant to do? My mind has been swapping and changing between both possibilities all week; I keep changing which option I want to take. One minute, the idea of aborting the baby seems the wisest, the next I'm crying my eyes out at the thought of losing it. This is so hard.

But I have to make the decision soon ... very soon. Honestly, I don't think I'll be able to make it alone. Michael will probably end up deciding for me at this rate.

Right now, Michael's out grocery shopping. He didn't want to go originally, as he wanted to stay here with me, but I insisted that he go so that we didn't go hungry. That's the only reason he's gone now.

Jason, Ollie and Miracle are at mom and dad's house, as they offered to look after the children so I could get some alone time; some peace and quiet so I can think about the baby thing. Having such large silence is actually helpful to me, if I'm being honest.

But I kind of feel lonely ... I need a friend to keep me company.

Or ... friends, as a plural.

My arm reaches out for the telephone, and I dial Jasper's number. It rings a couple times, before I hear his voice down the other end of the line.

"Becky, darling ... what's up?" he asks sincerely.

Since he's found out about my cancer, he's not been the same hyper person he was. You probably remember how excitable and bubbly he was, right? Not any more. He's like Charlie now; more sensible and calm. It's sad.

"Jasper ... can you and Charlie come over here?" I request. "I'm kinda lonely right now, and I want my two best friends here with me ... "

"Of course we'll come over, babe. Give us a few minutes, alright?"

"Okay, thank you. Love you, Jasp."

"Love you too, girl. Bye."

"Bye."

I hang up, placing the phone down gently on the coffee table. They'll be here in a few minutes, so finally, I won't be so lonely.

--

About ten minutes later, the doorbell rings, and a small feeling of happiness comes over me at the idea that my two best friends are finally here. I get up from my chair, almost skipping to the door from excitement, before opening the door to see Jasper and Charlie.

"Guys!" I smile, letting them both bring me into their embraces, "I really needed you today ... "

"Hey Becky," Charlie greets me softly, "How are you keeping?"

His expression is serious, but has an inviting quality about it, which makes me feel more comfortable.

"Well ... it's not been easy," I admit, "But right at this second? I guess I'm not too bad ... you?"