Chapter 16: Have I Told You That..?

"Becky, sweetheart, wake up."

I'm awoken the next day to a series of soft kisses on my neck and cheeks. Michael's so sweet.

"Shouldn't you be at work?" I ask, noting the time. 7:30am.

"Oh, I'm on afternoon shifts from today. I go to work at 12."

"Oh, right. Ok," I smile.

"So how was my princess' sleep? And was the medication last night any good?" Michael winks at me before going in for a kiss.

"Stop," I say. Michael pulls away, a confused expression dawning on his face.

"Morning breath," I state. Michael nods in understanding.

"So, did the medication leave you wanting more, or..?" He's growing impatient now, bless.

"Yes, it always does," I smirk, tugging on his pyjama shirt, pulling him closer to me.

"Good. Anyway, I've been thinking.."

"About?"

"I need to divorce Lisa."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that."

"Yeah, well it's time to set the ball rolling. I need to sort it out," Michael says.

"You don't need to rush it, Michael."

"Oh, I know. I just wanna get her out of my life for good," he explains.

"Yeah, I suppose you do. So, what are you gonna do until you go to work?" I ask.

"Hmm, not sure. Just spend time with you, if you want." He gives me a warm smile, that gives me butterflies inside.

"I'd love that," I reply.

He kisses my forehead and looks down at me.

"Then that's what I'll do. C'mon, let's get ourselves ready. It's already 7:32am!"

"Exactly," I whimper. "Sooo early!"

I pull the covers over my head to block out the light outside.

"Oh, don't be a wimp! I'll have you know that I have to get up at.. god, at least 6:00am on a morning shift day! Now c'mon, up!" he giggles, shaking me to get me to sit up.

"Alright, alright, I give in," I chuckle, as he starts tickling me.

"Morning, fellas," dad comes into the room, his smile turning to a look of amusement, as he watches Michael tickle me.

"Oh, ha! Hey daddy!" I squeal. Michael isn't giving in.

"Good day, Mr. Summers," Michael responds.

"Michael, how many times do I hafta say this? Do not call me by my surname!" dad laughs.

"I'm sorry," Michael apologises. "It's a force of habit. My ex's father always made me call him by his surname."

"Well, if it's really that much of a habit, I don't mind what you call me."

"Thanks, sir," Michael smiles sweetly, still tickling me, and watching me squirm. "I'll try calling you by your first name more often."

It's so cute how formal Michael is around my parents!

"Good, anyway, breakfast will be ready in a few minutes," dad says.

"Oh, ok. See you--ha! downstairs in a few," I say.

He smiles at me and leaves the room, and we hear him walk downstairs. Michael finally stops tickling me and looks down at me.

"I totally only tickled you so you looked stupid in front of your dad," he smirks.