Chapter 43: First Day Blues

Okay, Moonwalkers. Before you read the chapter, I have a couple things to say. Firstly, how would you feel about seeing a new story from me? From Off The Wall sort era, or the more cliché Bad era? I have two that I plan to publish, but I want your opinion, so please let me know. :) Secondly, and more importantly, I've said this on my other recent updates. I would like to dedicate this chapter to theladyinmylife because on August 9, 2015, she lost her life at too young an age. She was a Moonwalker, and although I didn't know her personally, when I found out about her death, I felt like I had lost a member of my family. Moonwalkers are all family here... and, if you haven't already, if you could all write a short message on her wall to pay respects to our lost family member, it would mean so much to me. RIP, Gone Too Soon. Fly high.❤️

Chapter 43

I open my eyes, feeling the grogginess in them as I do so.

It's the first full morning here, December 16, 1992.

I look to my left and see Michael sleeping still. He really looks cute, I must say.

His eyes are closed gently, his eyelashes perfectly aligned and touching the skin under his eyes, and his soft black curls are draped here, there and everywhere; most of them have come out of the ponytail he's... kinda sporting.

It's silence in the room, apart from Michael's breathing and my own. Michael's is louder though, as he's in a deep sleep and can't control that.

I hate to ruin his sleep, but it's already quite late in the morning.

"Michael?" I coo softly, shaking him gently. "It's morning, wake up."

He squeezes his eyes tighter shut, and then opens them and blinks a few times. "Oh, morning already? Ugh..."

He looks to his left and sees the balcony, and the sun shining through the window.

"Ugh!" he groans, turning back my way to avoid eye contact with the light. "Damn, that's bright!"

"I know," I laugh. "Anyway, up! We gotta go to Jasper and Charlie's room to get them up, too!"

He scowls at the idea of being without bed, but eventually gets up.

We both head into the adequately-sized bathroom and freshen up a little. Once that's done, we change clothes, to more summery ones.

Despite being winter, it's warm here, still.

"Now then," Michael starts. "I've not kissed you since last night. Now we've brushed our teeth and all that jazz, I think I deserve to feel those pretty lips of yours..."

He bends down and kisses me, and I let out a laugh. "Happy now, Doctor?"

"Hmm, it's sufficient for now," he smirks. "But just wait til later, Patient."

I lick my bottom lip and grin seductively. "I'll be waiting."

I walk out the door ahead of him, but then I feel him slap my backside, and I turn around to see him biting his lip and raising his eyebrows.

"Just getting a little somethin' in before tonight," he states.

I roll my eyes and laugh, and we arrive at Jasper and Charlie's door. I knock on it loudly, "Jasp! Charlie! Up, up! It's a new day!"

After about a minute of waiting, the door opens, and I see a very tired-looking Charlie. "Morning, Becks."

"Get ready, we're going to the pool today!" I announce.