Chapter 36: For All Time

Hey guys! I'm not normally a shout-out person, but I just wanna give a shout out to MoonwalkingKatie because she is awesome! If you want my advice, go read her story "Capture Our Moments", as it's awesome! She's a great writer! That's it from me - here's chapter 36!

Becky's POV

I'm so happy that Michael has finally forgiven me for what happened on his birthday, because I really didn't want him to carry that grudge for too long.

It's been about a week since that incident, now. I'm four months pregnant, and my bump really is showing now.

As for Lisa, we've heard nothing from her. Nothing at all.

She should be about two or three months gone, now. She isn't too far behind me with her pregnancy.

It's September 7th, meaning there's a little over three months until me and Michael take our vacation to Italy.

Our first vacation together.

The past few months have all been drama, upset and arguments, so I'm hoping it'll start to improve, now.

It's also early Autumn, so it's warm out, but with a breeze. It's lovely.

Right now, me and Michael just came back from grocery shopping - and I got ice cream.

I have such cliché cravings..

Michael's unpacking everything, and I'm sitting in the living room with my little tub of ice cream and a spoon, eating timidly.

I did offer to unpack with him, but he insisted I didn't.

"Wait.. Michael?" I say softly.

He turns his head with a smile. "Yes, sweetheart?"

"Tomorrow's the four-month scan, remember? The mid-pregnancy one."

His eyes light up. "Gosh, yes! Oh, I almost forgot about that!"

He then becomes ashamed of himself. "How can I forget something as big as that?"

He looks so guilty now, bless him.

I stand up from the sofa and walk over to him. I wrap my arms around him. "Hey, shh, it's okay. I forget big things, too."

When I look up at him, he has tears in his eyes.

"Michael, why are you crying?"

He sniffles a little. "I'm just sorry."

"What for?"

He looks down, taking my hands in his own. "Just for being me.."

"What are you talking about, Michael? You're perfect! When did you start having doubts about that?"

He looks at my baby bump, and rests his hand on my stomach lovingly. "When I finally realised what mattered in life: You, Mini.. I just wanna be a great boyfriend and a great father.."

"And you are, you really are!"

"I'm not, sweetheart. I forgot the scan of my own child.. that's a big thing. A very big thing."

I dry his tears away with my sleeve. "C'mon now, everyone forgets things. It's not your fault; you were busy with life."

He raises his eyebrows and exhales in acknowledgement to my words. "I'm just lucky as hell to have someone like you, Becky."

"You're lucky to have me? Michael, I'm the lucky one. I've met an affectionate, caring, not to mention sexy doctor, and you're saying you're lucky? I don't have half of what you have - I don't even have a job!"