Author's Note Sept. 2023

Hi, guys!

It's been ... well, a very long time since I wrote You Give Me Fever. I wrote it when I was fifteen, and I'm now twenty-three (almost twenty-four) as of September 2023.

I'd just like to quickly preface this story for all the new/re-readers of the book, with a simple note of warning about the content in the plot.

Due to the fact that I was so young and inexperienced as a writer when I wrote this story, it will contain:

• Poor grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Unrealistic elements throughout the entire story.
• Mention of sensitive themes which have no trigger warning, throughout the entirety of the story.
Unintentional mixing of English culture and American culture. This is due to the fact I am English, and have never visited America to know what it's like there.
Historical inaccuracy throughout — this story was written before I properly researched numerous topics and elements that would be prominent in the 1990s.
• Incredibly cringeworthy, cheesy, and downright embarrassing storylines and subplots.
Fast progression of the storyline, due to my lack of attention span at the time, to build the story slowly and effectively. (Yes, that includes "I love yous" being spoken VERY. EARLY. ON.)

To summarise, the story is very-obviously written by a fifteen-year-old. I was originally going to unpublish this story — but I have decided against it due to requests not to. It will remain published for new or existing readers, purely for nostalgia or for something to have a bit of a laugh at.

I'd like to request that people don't hold my previous terrible writing skills against me — and I'd like to reassure you all that I'm much better now!

If anybody is interested in seeing my improvement, I have George Michael stories published titled The Things That I Hide (which is book one) and The Things That I Know (which is the sequel). Alternatively, I have Sweet Georgios, which is a short story collection based around George Michael.

I also have a new story published titled Red & Black, which is a Michael Jackson story, too.

With that being said, I hope — should you choose to continue to reading the story — that you enjoy yourself! Whether it be to have a chuckle, or whether you genuinely like the plot.

I appreciate every single one of you who has voted, commented, shared and stuck around.

Thank you!

— MissJackson777. xx