Chapter 33: Michael's Birthday

Becky's POV

Last night was great. I tell you, despite being pregnant, and Michael having to be cautious of that, he sure knows how to treat me.

However, right now, I'm at the back door by myself, as Michael has gone for a shower, so I have time to kill.

It's quite dark out, as it's approaching autumn. It's almost 9 at night, which is what's making me wonder why Michael has chosen to shower so late.

I look up at the stars in the sky, and think of my miscarried child.

I always feel a sense of loss when I look up to the stars, as that's where I believe my child is.

I wonder if it was a girl or a boy. If it was a girl, I would've called it Phoenix, for a boy, it would've been Jasper, after my best friend.

I wouldn't have thought of calling it Miracle or anything miracle-based, cos it isn't like Alex has a low sperm count like Michael.

You can see my logic.

I've also been thinking about Lisa's kid a lot, too. If she doesn't want it, I've told Michael that we'll adopt with Lisa's consent.

But it'll be weird, having a Presley in the family, especially since we've spent the past year trying to get rid of them. I wonder what Lisa and Alex are doing right now; Lisa being free, Alex being stuck in prison.

"Little one, wherever you are now, I hope you're happy to know you've got a sibling.. I mean, I'm sure you woulda loved to have met the baby I'm gonna have. Both of you are my babies.." I say softly.

I clear my throat. "And, uh.. I miss you, a lot. I wish I coulda found out about your gender, at least..."

I head out into the garden, and lay myself on the grass, making myself comfortable.

I look down at my stomach, and feel a slight rush of excitement burst through me.

The knowledge that I'm gonna have a child is just.. incredible. And this pregnancy has lasted longer than my first one, seeing as I haven't been abused and sent into a miscarriage, like last time.

"And to the baby growing inside of me," I change who my speech is aimed at. "I just wanna tell you how excited I am to know I'm gonna have you. I'm gonna be the most caring mother in this world, and I'm gonna give you everything. But mostly love, cos that's what every child needs: love. And you know what? You're gonna have the most wonderful father in this entire world--"

"Why thank you, sweetheart!"

It's Michael's angelic voice I can hear.

I turn around to see Michael standing in the doorway, and he has his hair down, of which is soaking wet, and his shirt off, and a towel around his waist, despite his entire body being dry.

Yeah, this is the kinda Michael I need to see way more often.

I pat the floor next to where I'm lying. "Come lie with me."

He walks over to me and sits next to me. "How come you're out here, sweetheart?"

"I just needed to pass the time," I reply. "And I like looking out at the stars."

"Oh, I know you do. Because it reminds you of your child, right?"

"Yes.."

He lays down beside me and nuzzles his nose against my cheek.

"Your little baby is up there, sweetheart. The brightest star in the sky, I bet you," he tells me.

He can sense that I'm hurting.