Chapter 26: Possible Little Person

One month later

Me and Michael have been trying for a baby for a month now. It's getting a little tedious.

I'm lying, it's not.

I love the overdose of "medication" I've been receiving from Michael.

But what I don't love, however, is the fact that Michael said "If it doesn't work in a month or two, we'll just go for adoption."

I'm gonna be blatantly honest; I would much rather have a child of my own, simply because it's biological.

Nevertheless, I would still love an adopted child just the same.

We tried again last night, and it was amazing, I won't lie.

But with Michael's low sperm count, it's a little less fun, knowing we most likely won't have a child at the end of it.

And if we do, it'll be a miracle.

I'm due to take a pregnancy test today, for the "medication" we.. indulged in, a few weeks back.

I'm not gonna bother trying a test for yesterday's instalment, cos it won't show this soon, everyone knows that.

"Baby, whatever it says, I'll support you no matter what," Michael says.

He's said that every single time I've taken a test so far.

"I know," I reply.

Michael has tears in his eyes.

"Michael," I whisper, drying his tears away with my sleeve. "Why are you crying?"

"I'm just sorry," he tells me, looking down sadly.

"Sorry for what?" I ask.

"Just for being me.."

I sit opposite him, and cup his face in my hands.

"If everyone was you, the world would be a better place," I say.

I kiss his nose, and he smiles childishly.

He's so cute.

"Sweetheart, I think you're mistaking me for you," he says.

"Nope, definitely not," I say softly. "Anyway, I'm gonna go take this test."

"Don't look at the result until I'm with you," Michael says. "Good luck, sweetheart."

I smile at him, and head into the bathroom.

I take the test, and cover the result with my hand.

How much do I want this to be positive?

I walk slowly into the living room, where Michael is.

I sit down by his side, and he places his arm around me.

"Now, just remember that whatever the result is, it will not stop me loving you, and I'll be supportive," he tells me.

I smile faintly, and slowly uncover the test.

My smile turns to a frown.

"Negative.." I say sadly, tears in my eyes.

"It's ok, don't worry," Michael assures me, taking me into his embrace.

"You don't understand how much I want a child," I mutter, my voice breaking slightly.

"We'll have one, no matter what, ok? Remember, we can adopt a child."

"I know," I reply. "But it's not the same as a bioligical child. You know that."