Chapter 31: Life Party

It's been about three weeks since Billie died, and Michael hasn't stopped blaming himself for it.

I mean, he's calmed down a lot about it, but he's still blaming himself.

Since the panic attack he had in the garden a few weeks ago, he's had two more, but less seriously than the first time.

It's still not fun to watch, mind you, as you may have guessed.

But right now, he's fine, completely happy.

I'm three months pregnant, a third of the way through.

Michael can't wait, bless him; he can't stop talking about "Mini".

Until we know the gender, we're calling our child "Mini," to avoid calling the baby "it", as if he or she weren't human.

Right now, me and Michael are getting ready.

For what? I hear you ask.

Charlie and Jasper invited me and Michael, along with others, to Billie's "Life Party".

It's basically, in Charlie's words, "a celebration of Billie's life, as she wouldn't want us to sit here feeling sorry for ourselves".

I think it's a lovely idea, to be honest, cos, even though she was a little bit of a nut, she didn't deserve to die.

I'm in the bathroom checking myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a red dress, because I know Michael loves the colour red.

He often says: "The colour red, along with you, makes the greatest combination known to man."

I reply with: "No, me, you and the baby do."

He ends up agreeing every time.

I look at my reflection, at my stomach. Only a couple of months before I'll start to grow a bump, and I won't get away with wearing dresses or.. well, anything normal.

I also think to myself: Will I be a good mother? Will I be able to treat this baby perfectly?

I hope so.

After final checks in the mirror, I give my appearance the "OK", and head back towards the bedroom, where Michael is getting changed.

I start to open the door, but a voice stops me.

"No! Not yet!"

It's Michael's voice - he's obviously still getting changed.

"How much longer?" I call from outside the room.

"Two minutes!"

So I stand and wait for those two minutes, for Michael.

"You ready yet?" I ask, impatience growing.

"Uh.. yeah!"

I open the door slowly and peer inside the room at Michael - and my God, what a sight I see!

He stands in the centre of the room, wearing a smart black suit with matching cravat, a white shirt, and his curls tied loosely into a ponytail with a few strands in front of his face as usual.

My mouth and eyes are wide open. "M-Michael!" I gasp.

He bites his lip with a smile and looks down, tugging at his shirt collars to keep his hands entertained.

"You like?" he asks nervously.

I rush towards him. "Yes!"

"Great! And I just wanna say, you look so damn sexy, too. That tiny baby bump really works on you!" he chuckles, a hint of seductiveness in his tone.