Chapter 59: Stay A Few Days

One week later – Monday

Michael's POV

Well, my time off work is over now, so today I'm back to being a doctor. It's currently 7:12am, and I have to be at work by 7:30. Luckily, the roads are empty due to how early in the morning it is.

I'm still buzzing over the fact me and Becky are getting married. My gosh, I've been waiting for two years to ask her to be my wife. It's taken too long, but I had to make sure the time was right – I've been planning that proposal for months and months, but without saying it.

Once I arrive at work, I park up in the allocated staff parking area, before getting out my car and walking inside the Medical Practice. It's been months since I was here; what with Miracle being born, and with me having to stay at home during the last stages of Becky's pregnancy.

I also have to tell her something very important. About two months ago, I found out that my low sperm count was actually treatable, and now... I don't have it. It was only temporary, so now I can conceive a child like any normal person can.

Maybe, just maybe, once I've told her that, we can consider having another child! Oh, how exciting that would be!

The reason I didn't tell Becky any of this is in case the treatment didn't work. I've kept it to myself — literally completely to myself – ever since I found out.

I head to the staff room, to collect my uniform from there. When I open the door, I see all the staff in there, and they look like they've been waiting for me the entire time.

"He's back!" Ash calls out.

Then, a rush of people come towards me, embracing me, greeting me, telling me how much work hasn't been the same since I left, etcetera.

"How's the baby?" one person asks.

"Is Becky keeping well?" another inquires.

Most of them are asking me question after question, and I try to keep my cool until Ash interrupts.

"Guys, hey! Let the man breathe! He's been here two minutes since he had his kid, and you're flocking 'round him like sheep!" he says, half seriously, half jokily.

Everyone steps back a little, and I inhale deeply, before letting out a sigh.

"Thanks, Ash. Now, guys, a lot of stuff has happened in the past few months. My daughter was born on March 1, and a little over a week ago, me and Becky got engaged—"

"Woo!" one doctor, Dr Williams teases, making every single person but Ash and me cheer the same thing, causing me to blush lightly.

"So, can we see a picture of Miracle?" Nurse Crossley asks politely.

They only know her name because I told them what we planned to call the baby, depending on its gender.

I nod, bringing out my wallet, and opening it to reveal a photo of my little sweetheart.

"Oh, she's gorgeous!"

"She's beautiful!"

"She has your eyes, Michael!"

All these nice comments make me smile no end, so I bite my lip to try and contain myself.

"Thank you guys," I say, "But God, if you saw the birth... I mean, Becky went into labour in the park, and when Miracle was born, she wasn't crying..." my voice trails off a little due to the memories, "And I thought I was gonna lose her, and now I feel like I'm gonna cry even though I know she's okay, but... I managed to save her, and she's here today, so I don't need to cry..."