Chapter 3: All Because Of Alex

I look down at the paper, with Michael's number written on it.

His writing is messy, but it doesn't matter, as it looks cute, and I can read it clearly.

I take a breath and look left to right. I walk to the door, and close it, then push the chest of drawers in front of it, so that Alex won't be able to get in.

I'm surprised he hasn't chased after me yet, he certainly seemed shocked that I found out about his little game.

I look back at Michael's number. He's my doctor, could I really play this game with him?

He certainly looked like he was asking for that kinda game, when I saw him earlier.

But earlier, I was with Alex. I'm not now.

So I can play that game.

I take out my phone from my pocket, and unlock it. I look back at the paper with Michael's number on it, and begin to dial, pressing the numbers at a slow pace.

I'm nervous. I'll admit that outright.

"Becky! Let me in!"

Alex is shouting at me from the other side of the door.

Hmm, about time he came. The time it took him to chase after me was so long, that just heightens my theory that he doesn't care about me.

I ignore him, looking back at my phone.

"C'mon, Becky. Be a woman, not a mouse. You got two guys to choose from. One that broke your heart, and one that.. might break your heart," I say to myself.

I don't know if Michael really is a flirt, or if Lisa just took random knowledge from her relationship with him, and fed it to me.

"Baby, let me in!" I hear from outside.

Then I hear violent bashes at the door, maybe even the other side of the wall, too.

He's desperate to see me, isn't he?

"I'm telling ya, I'm not cheating!"

Alex is so lying, right now. Lisa told me herself.

The bashing of the door comes again, then a muffled cry of anger and sadness from Alex.

"Let me in!" he demands.

I'm not taking his lies, and I certainly am not giving him any sympathy.

I still have my phone in my hand, all I need to press is the green phone button to start the call, then I'm over Alex.

"I'll bash this door down if I have to! Please, let me in!" Alex's muffled threats are ringing in my ears.

Go away already, man!

"Leave me alone!" I demand at last.

Then, the door is bashed violently on the other side, and the chest of drawers falls to one side, and the door opens.

I jerk back in shock, as Alex storms into the room. Alex approaches me, making me drop my phone out of my hand.

I land on the floor, and crawl back up to my wardrobe, trying to find where the phone dropped.

Alex follows me, forcing his foot down on my back, and making my whole body lie down on the ground.

"Hey, what's this all about?!" I cry in shock.

Alex chuckles, before lifting his foot from my back, and allowing me to stand up.

"It was just to keep you in the room, but look, listen, I'm not cheating on you, baby. I wouldn't do that, when we're meant to have our perfect lives together," he says sorrowfully, resting his hand on my shoulder.