Chapter 37: Only Each Other

We're still at the park, and it's approaching 10pm. We've been making the most of the time together.

Right now, I'm in Michael's arms, and we're sort of slow-dancing on the grass.

As we do this, Michael brings his lips to my neck, and begins kissing and nipping at my skin softly.

"M-Michael..." I whisper.

He continues softly kissing my neck, and he runs the palms of his large hands down my spine, until they reach the small of my back.

"Sweetheart... you give me such fever..." he murmurs into my ear.

He continues rocking me side to side, kissing my neck and jawline sensually with each sway of our bodies.

I open my eyes briefly to see a person at the park's entrance. "M-Michael, they're closing the gates!"

This seems not to bother him. "Let them. We can stay here the night, just you and me. How 'bout it?"

He pulls away from me temporarily, and his gaze meets mine, anticipating an answer.

He raises his eyebrows, which naturally widens his eyes involuntarily.

"Uhm..." I breathe. "You really want to, Michael?"

He takes both my hands in his. "Sweetheart, as long as I'm with you, I'll do anything..."

I give him a warm smile. "Okay... if it's what you want."

He smirks childishly. "Great. It'll be like a sleep-over! O-Or a camping trip!" he gasps dreamily, yet with child-like excitement.

I chuckle, and shake my head at his sweet and innocent reaction.

Sitting down on the grass, I look up at the sky - more precisely, at the stars.

I always feel a sense of loss when I look up at the stars. I always say that's where my miscarried child is.

I've always believed that.

"Sweetheart, you're awfully quiet."

I avert my eyes to Michael, shaking my head to rid my thoughts. "W-What? Sorry, I was..."

"You were thinking of your baby, weren't you? That's why you were looking at the stars."

He's too good at guessing my thoughts. It's a little alarming.

Without replying verbally, I nod my head, feeling tears form thickly in my eyes. My bottom lip quivers lightly, making me unable to speak.

"Come here, sweetie. I think you need a hug," Michael says softly.

Taking his invitation quickly, I fall into his warm embrace, and cry into his chest.

He strokes the back of my head with one hand, and rubs my back with his other. "There, there, it's okay. Mini will be beautiful, just like the first child... I promise that."

I look up into his eyes, and note the high level of seriousness in his gaze.

He only gives me this face when he wants me to know he means every word he's saying.

Like, when he makes promises to me.

"I know," I reply weakly. "I just wish I at least knew the gender..."

"I know you do, and I understand that. But hey, at least in five months, we'll have our own little bundle of joy, either Miracle Hope Joy or Jedidiah Tyger Ekon... remember? Our gorgeous son or daughter?" he reminds me sweetly.