Chapter 34: Drunk

*Becky's POV*

"Ugh, for the fifth time, hello? Michael?"

He isn't answering me; we're still at his party, and he's engrossed in conversation with his brothers.

"Miiiiichael?"

I shake his shoulder, but instead of listening to me, he laughs loudly, sipping his drink. He must have found a comment funny or something.

I'm about to give up, I swear.

I turn to walk away, but I feel a grasp on my arm.

"No, sweetheart! Don't go!"

It's Michael, and his voice is slurred a little. He's drunk.

"We're about to play Spin The Bottle! The dare version!" he adds excitedly.

"Michael, I don't wanna pl--"

Too late, he's already dragging me to the table. He sits me down next to him, and his brothers surround him.

Even after over a year together, I still struggle to get the names of every brother correct. I know which ones Tito and Jermaine are, but the others I get confused on.

"Alrighty!" Jermaine laughs, clasping his hands together and rubbing them. "Let's spin that bottle!"

He spins a bottle from the drinking session in the earlier stages of the party, and everyone watches closely.

It lands on one of Michael's brothers.. I think Jackie, or Marlon.

"Ha! Jackie! Yoouuu're up!" Michael teases drunkly.

This would be cute, but he's a little too drunk for my liking. He's meant to be a doctor, you wouldn't be able to tell by the way he's been drinking tonight.

"Yeah, yeah," Jackie says, swatting the air with his hand.

"Jackie, my man!" another brother laughs. Right.. I think he's Marlon. "Jackie, you gotta drink this!"

He hands Jackie a shot in a small cup-sort thing, and Jackie examines it, his eyes glazed over from being so drunk.

Thank God my parents and Michael's parents went home before now, they wouldn't allow this.

Jasper and Charlie are still here, but they went to get some fresh air a few minutes back. Don't blame them, really.

I watch Jackie as he lifts the little cup to his mouth, and downs the shot in one go. He cringes at the taste, much to the amusement of the others, mostly Michael.

This is kinda tedious already.

Tito spins the bottle next, and it lands on Jermaine.

Anyway, Randy, after much examination of yet another shot, downs his dare-drink, and the bottle is spun once again. Avoiding me every time, I sit back, and watch the game progress.

If Michael carries on this way, he won't be able to lift his head from the pillow tomorrow because of his hangover.

The bottle spins again, and lands on Michael, the only person, excluding me, that hasn't been selected yet.

He looks a little less happy now. I wonder why?

"Ha! Miiiichaeelll!" the brother I now know to be Randy taunts, handing him a shot. "Drink up, broth-ah!"

Michael takes the shot from Randy nervously, his entire giddy, drunk, happy mood gone. Like his brothers, he examines the cup first, swallowing anxiously.