Chapter 40: Phone Call

Little pre-warning: the end half of the chapter has SLIGHT sexual suggestiveness. Nothing major though! x)

I widen my eyes and gasp, stepping back in shock.

"N-No, stay the hell away from me! How the hell are you here, Alex?!"

He laughs mockingly, and advances more towards me with every step I take back.

"Oh, Becky, I came here with Lisa! Only, while she was speaking with you and Michael out front, I decided to make my way in through the back! Clever idea, right? Yeah, I'm good like that."

I kneel back down by an unconscious Michael's side, slapping his cheek lightly to help bring him around. "Alex, leave, now."

Everyone's looking at us now... everyone.

"Oh, but Becky! I thought you would love seeing me! Oh, how I love being on bail. So much fun! And y'know what? I may have told the police I was guilty, but now, I enjoy the real world so much that I may say I was covering for someone else! I could get away with that... yeah, I bet I could!" he laughs.

"Jasp! Charlie!" I call.

They enter the room seconds later, and see Alex.

"No. Goodbye, Alex," Jasper hisses, attempting to escort him from the room.

Alex fights back, resulting in the involvement of Charlie. "C'mon, outta here, asshole! No one wants you here!"

Alex is barely affected by the boys.

I look up at him, tears in my eyes. "Why are you here, Alex? Do you enjoy causing me pain...?"

He looks down on me, almost looking pained himself. "No, of course I don't. I just came to say hi..."

"Nonsense!" I hiss. "You've come to cause trouble like you normally do. You've knocked Michael out cold!"

Then I realise. "Oh God! Jasp, Charlie, whoever, call an ambulance!"

"On it!" I hear someone shout.

Mom and dad arrive to where I am.

"Alex, get out now!" mom orders.

"Sorry, Mrs Summers, but I rather like it here, actually!" Alex retorts.

"Alex, you've caused enough damage! Just get out! Leave, now! I never wanna see your face again!" I cry.

"Aw, Becky!" Alex coos, taking each of my cheeks in his forefingers and thumbs. "You'll be seeing a lot more of me in your lifetime!"

I stand up from Michael's side, and without thinking, I start slapping his arms and punching him in various places with frustration.

"Alex! Just tell me why you're here!" I demand angrily.

"Hmm... well, while I'm out of prison, I might as well make the most of the outside world, right? That's why I came to see the one person who got me in prison! I came to give my personal promise to you," he replies slyly.

He walks gradually closer to me, and leans his head against mine, staring evilly into my eyes.

"And I promise that you have not seen the last of me. I'm not done with you yet, Summers."

Dad takes a firm hold of Alex's arm. "No, c'mon, we're leaving now."

Amazingly, he's stronger than Alex, and manages to get him out of the house, but that "promise" - more like a threat - is gonna haunt me now.