Chapter 35: Hangover Doesn't Help

Michael's POV

I wake up, and immediately clutch my head in agony.

Hangover, what fun.

My eyes blurry, I rub them tiredly, and find myself on the sofa.

Oh yeah, I remember now.

Becky hit me, and I left her in our room so I could sleep alone. I can't face her right now, I refuse to. What she did was wrong, and I won't be forgetting it in a hurry.

My head is killing! Ugh, the pain!

I lift my head slowly, feeling the niggling ache in my temples as I get off the sofa.

I look down and see.. oh Lord. I threw up on the rug last night? I don't even remember. The only time I remember being sick was after I took my first ever shot, but I don't remember leaving Becky, then throwing up. Weird.

I lift the rug and take it to the washing machine, folding it in two so it'll fit inside.

I sigh loudly, still clutching my head, and head upstairs to brush my teeth and whatnot. But when I arrive at the top of the stairs, I find the bathroom door locked.

Becky beat me to it, damn.

But then I hear retching - Becky's morning sickness, most likely. I kinda feel sympathy for her, but after what she did to me last night, I dunno.. it's kinda faded right now.

I lean my back against the hallway wall, and allow my legs to drag me downwards so I sit. My eyes feel heavy with fatigue right now; I just want my bed again.

The bathroom doors swings open, and Becky sees me sitting there. "Michael!"

She rushes over to me, but I stand myself up and begin to walk the other way. "Leave me alone."

"Michael, how many times can I apologise for last night? You were drunk, hyped-up, mental, and I was angry. It's the hormones! I won't be like this once Mini is born!"

I turn around to face her, and I place my hand on my forehead and wince in pain.

"Hangover?" she asks.

I nod my head, and cringe at the pain. She places her hand atop mine, and rubs my knuckles lightly with her thumb. "I can look after you, but you gotta forgive me."

"No," I breathe, walking towards the bathroom. "I'm not ready to forgive it, not yet."

"It was a slap, Michael. It wasn't meant to hurt you!"

I check myself in the mirror, and notice a red mark on my cheek. "Yeah, tell that to the red mark you left on my face!"

She sighs loudly, and I can see her eyes filling with tears in the reflection in the mirror. "I'm sorry!"

I brush my teeth silently, and continue getting ready without responding.

"Michael.. please talk to me."

I spit the toothpaste into the sink, and put my brush away, before finally turning around to see her face. I open my mouth to speak, but then I realise I have nothing to say to her, so I just slip by her.

I feel like crap, with this hangover, and what Becky did is making it worse. But I can't stay in the house with Becky all day.

I originally booked the week off work for my birthday, but I can't be in the same room as Becky right now. I have too much going on in my head.

I grab my jacket and slip it on, and head to the door. Becky soon sees.

"W-Where are you going?!"