Chapter 50: Mini

Man, 50 chapters already! Where has the time gone? x)

Anyhow, the moment we've all been waiting f--well, maybe about 15 people. x) Anyway, the birth scene! :D sorry, but it's the longest chapter I ever did. x)

"Oh God! I knew this would happen!" Jasper panics. "Charlie, we have to get a hold of Michael!"

"You think I didn't know that?!" Charlie replies. "Pass me the phone, hurry!"

I close my eyes and exhale through my mouth, before inhaling through my nose as deeply as possible.

"Ughn, Jasper!" I cry. "Get Michael!"

"We are, darling! Charlie is on the phone to him right now!" Jasper assures me.

"H-Hello?" Charlie calls down the phone. "Michael? Yes, it's Charlie! W-What? Traffic jam? Oh, God!"

Traffic jam? Kill me now!...

Michael's POV

"Yes, a traffic jam," I clarify. "Why, what's up?"

"It's Becky! She... her waters have just broken! She's kinda in labour!"

I feel my heart rise into my mouth, and my breathing quickens. Becky's in labour and I'm missing it?!

"Oh God!" I cry. "I can't miss the birth of my baby!"

"Well, just try get here as quickly as possible, please! Uh... w-we're in the park!"

"The park?!" I gasp. "How the hell did you end up in the park?!"

"Well, uh... it's a long story. Just try get here, please!"

"Michael!" I hear Becky scream my name in the background.

"Oh, sweetie..." I mutter to myself, referring to Becky. "Charlie, put the phone on speaker and put it near Becky. If I can't be with her, I wanna speak to her at least!"

"Okay," he answers. "Becky, it's Michael on speaker for you."

"Michael!" she cries out, so loudly that I have to take the phone away from my ear.

I put my own phone on speaker and set it down so I can watch the road whilst I speak.

"Sweetheart, it's alright! I know you're in pain right now, but you have to listen to me, alright? I need you to listen to me!"

"Mm-hmm...?" she breathes, obviously in pain.

"Okay, you know this from Antenatal classes. Inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth, real deep - deep as you can. Do it for me, sweetheart, please..."

I hear her breathing on the other side of the line, and decide to praise her. Maybe it'll make her feel better.

"Good, that's perfect baby. Keep it like that, okay? You also need to try and walk around a little bit, cos it'll help, trust me. Are you standing or sitting right now?"

"S-Sitting," she says weakly.

"Okay, then get Jasper and Charlie to help you up, and get them to walk you around whilst you speak to me, alright?"

"Okay!" she replies, her voice raised due to the pain she's experiencing.

"Okay, Michael, we're getting her to walk around. Anything else you want us to do?" Jasper asks.

"Alright, you're doing good. Ask Becky if it helps even the slightest bit," I order.

"Becky, is this helping, walking around?" I hear Charlie ask.