Chapter 19: Life Or Death?

"Jasper, call the police, now!" I cry, still on the line with Michael. We're all running as fast as we can, so we can get to my parents' house.

What if Michael gets killed?!

"Michael, we're coming!" I tell him.

He's crying down the phone, worry and fear in his voice as he whispers painfully, "I don't want you to get killed!"

"Michael, right now, the main priority is you!" I reply, and I can just hear Jasper on the phone with the police.

"They've asked for the address," he tells me.

"2400 Albion Street!" I tell him. Jasper nods and begins talking down the phone again.

"Er, it's at 2400 Albion street.."

"Michael, don't let them know we've called the police, ok?" I instruct.

"Ok," he mutters, most likely unable to produce a proper sentence because of the shock and fear he's feeling.

"You tell your bird to get here quick, then we can discuss future.. plans," I hear Lisa tell Michael faintly.

"We-We're not helping you in any way," I hear Michael respond.

Moments later, I hear Michael scream in agony.

"Michael, what just happened?!" I ask.

"Sorry, Becky. He's completely fine, don't worry," Alex takes Michael's phone and tells me through it. I can still hear Michael scream. "Anyway, this has been fun, but goodbye."

"Wait!" I cry.

Too late, he's hung up.

"No!" I cry, pressing "call back."

Now they won't answer.

What did they just do to Michael?!

"We've gotta hurry!" I scream, taking Charlie and Jasper's hands and dragging them as I run.

We're not too far away from home now, but we've still gotta run.

I just hope to God they haven't used that gun.

Michael's POV

"Please!" I cry loudly, lifting my right hand shakily to meet my left eye. "Don't hurt us!"

I take my hand away from my eye, to find blood staining my fingers.

"Don't tell us what to do," Alex spits.

"Otherwise Alex's foot will happily bloody your other eye up, too," Lisa adds.

I remain silent verbally, unsure on what to say or do; but I keep groaning from pain.

This is literally the difference between life and death, right here.

I'm more scared than I've ever been in my entire life!

Becky and her friends have got to be here soon, please God!

"Right, I'm gonna go check the front door, see when Becky gets here," Alex says to Lisa, heading towards the front door.

No! They can't hurt Becky.. I think I'd shoot myself if he hurt her.

"Alright. Michael, if you dare move anywhere, this bullet here," she takes the silver bullet and places it inside the gun, "will end up inside your head."

I swallow nervously, and sit in the corner of the room, curled up into a ball.

I feel so small right now.