Chapter 22: Psycho B. Jean

A week later

Michael's POV

It's been a week since Becky moved in, but I have work today. I took the day off last week to help Becky move into the house, and I'm glad it's Friday.

Last day of the week, woo!

It's early in the morning, probably around 6:30am. Becky's still asleep.

We've had some sleepless nights because of the "house-warming medication" we've been "prescribing" each other.

Neither of us have complained, though. It's so good..

I don't need to write Becky notes any more, as she knows where I am when she wakes up.

I get myself ready, brushing my teeth, combing through my hair, washing, etcetera, and head downstairs to get my pre-made lunch.

I'm really hoping today isn't very busy, or that the patients decide to see the other doctors today.

I'm so tired from the many nights of "medication" I've been receiving.

I could just call work and take a day off, but I've already done that multiple times in the past few months.

And there are people that need my doctorish magic, so I guess I have no choice.

I head back upstairs, and into the bedroom, seeing Becky sleeping. I kiss her lips, despite morning breath, and leave the house swiftly.

I get in the car, and start the ignition, pretty much fighting my eyes to stay open.

"AND THIS IS THE BREAKFAST SHOW ON GARY FM-"

I jerk back from the volume of the radio, and push the "off" button quickly. I don't do loud noises or anything of that sort in the morning.

I compose myself again, and begin to drive to work.

Once I'm there, I park up and enter the building; Gary Medical Practice.

"Morning, Michael," Doctor Nove greets me. He's new, a young apprentice, but he's pretty good already.

"Hey, Novey," I reply. That's my nickname for him. We've become quite close since he moved here.

I enter my office, and sleepily unpack my stethoscope, and other things I need.

My boss, Ash, enters. "Morning, Mike. How are you today?"

"Ash, hi, I'm good, you?" I reply.

"Not too bad, not too bad. I've got your appointment timetable here for ya, but it could change, like any normal day."

He hands me my timetable, and I don't really bother checking it. I'm a little tired to read through it, so I'll just work through it as the day goes on.

"Cheers," I reply, and he smiles before leaving the room.

Soon, opening time arrives, and I'm completely dressed in doctor's gear, with my black curls tied back.

My first patient comes in.

Looks like I'm in for a busy day..

4:54pm

I've been rushed off my feet today, but I'm happy, cos I've only got one more patient.

That'll take me up to the end of my shift at 5 o'clock.

I check who it is, and see the initials "B. Jean."

I have a sinking feeling about this patient.