Chapter 28: We Defied The Odds

Longest chapter I ever did - sorry! I had so much to say! Decide for yourself how pointless the ending is xD

"Shh, baby, you'll be ok. Morning sickness is normal in pregnancy, you know that," Michael tells me comfortingly.

I have my head bowed, and I'm throwing up into the toilet, Michael holding my hair back and patting my back lovingly.

He's so sweet, even when he sees me at my worst.. AKA.. when I was sick on him earlier, before now.

Morning sickness is the only drawback to this whole pregnancy thing.

I feel like I'm finally done, and lift my head and look at Michael forlornly. "I hate this."

"I know, sweetheart."

He takes me into his embrace, and strokes my hair gently.

I look up at him. "I'm sorry for.. well, ruining your clothes this morning. I didn't know the sickness would come so suddenly.."

He continues to stroke my hair. "Don't worry about it. It's perfectly normal. Don't even feel guilt for it."

I smile faintly at him, but then I feel something start to rise into my throat, and next thing I know I'm throwing up again.

Why?! Ugh..

I allow myself to drop to my knees, feeling my legs become weaker.

Michael attempts to help me up again, holding onto my arms strongly once I'm done, and hauling me up.

"How do you feel now?" he asks.

I can feel my body shaking, but nothing major. "I feel a little better now, thanks.."

He gives me a sympathetic smile. "Well, that's something. Do you want me to go get you some medication for it?"

I nod, and he guides me back to our room slowly.

He helps me into bed, and places the duvet over me, before sitting next to me, without the duvet covering him.

"You just get some rest, I think you need it. I'll be back in a few minutes, I'll just go to the pharmacy and get some anti-sickness meds. I'll be back as soon as I can, sweetheart."

He kisses my temple softly, before getting up from the bed. "I love you."

"I love you too," I state weakly, closing my eyes as I hear the bedroom door close.

This is exactly what happened with my last pregnancy.

Morning sickness, doctor Michael, medication.

Only the pregnancy will last longer, this time.

I feel myself slowly drifting off, but apparently "a few minutes" is next to no time, and Michael enters the room, making me force my eyes open groggily.

"Sorry I woke you, Princess. But this should help," he says, taking the spoon from the medicine and pouring the anti-sickness medication into it.

I'm glad it's medicine, cos I hate pills. Too hard to swallow.

He spoon-feeds me the meds, as if I'm a little child that needs feeding, and then I sit back on the bed.

"Becky?"

"Michael?" I demand in the same tone he just used.

He smiles, before proceeding with his speech. "Y'know, it's been a month since we found out you're pregnant, and we've not told either of our families yet."

I sigh. "I know.. we'll do it when the time is right."

I watch him as he looks down at my stomach, which is partially covered with the duvet.