Chapter 96: Twenty One

Carter ^ 27 months

Hanna POV:
"Emily, where are you, you little lesbian hoe?!" I shout as soon as I walk into her and Alison's house.

I set Carter down, and he immediately runs off to Charlotte's room. "Hello?!" I call out, and set my bags down on the counter.

"Mama! Stop yelling!" Carter yells from Charlotte's room.

"Okay, Bubba." I say in an 'indoor voice' as Carter would say. That's what I get for putting him in preschool now.

"Where the hell are you, Emily?" I mutter under my breath.

I decide to just turn the tv on. Of course, the kids channel is on. It's playing Team Umi Zumi. And Carter with his excellent hearing runs excitedly into the living room, no pants.

"Where'd your pants go, kiddo?" I laugh.

Carter looks down at his bare, skinny legs, and shrugs, "I dunno. Where dem's go, mama?" He questions in his adorable voice.

We watch the rest of Team Umi Zumi, an episode of Bubble Guppies, and an episode of Peppa Pig before Emily and Alison get home.

"Hey, Hanna..." Emily says surprised.

"Hey. I thought you were home, but you weren't. We haven't been here long." I tell the blonde and brunette girls. "Maybe only for about forty minutes. More or less, give or take." I say nonchalant. 

(A/N I say that just to annoy my sister)

"Okay..." Alison says.

"Where were you four?" I ask as Emily sets Charlotte on the counter.

"Ultrasound." Alison answers, and puts Eden on the ground.

"Charlotte, take off your shoes." Emily says and walks off into her and Alison's bedroom.

"What's her problem?" I ask.

"I'm not sure. She's been acting weird all day. Did something happen yesterday?" Alison questions.

"No." I answer, not thinking. "Wait...." I trail off, remembering.

"What?" Alison queries.

"She... Charlotte made this face that...that made her look like... him. And Emily got a...flashback." I say carefully and hesitantly, slowly standing up from the couch. "So, how are the babies?" I ask, changing the subject.

"No. You're not switching topics. Charlotte looked like Jake?" Alison asked. "What happened to Emily?"

"She said Charlotte made the same face he did when he shot Emily." I tell her. "She had a full on panic attack. She was sobbing for an hour."

"How did I not hear her?!" Alison practically shouts in exasperation.

"You're pregnant with triplets, and you were taking care of other children, and attending to your guests." I say cautiously.

Alison takes Charlotte's shoes off, and then lets her run off to play with Carter and Eden.

"Fuck..." Alison whispers.