Chapter 88: Fake Out

Juan week later - June 25, 2016

Alison POV:
"AH! Our first anniversary is in three days!" Emily cheers as she makes breakfast. "Can you believe it?!"

I laugh to let her know I'm somewhat listening. But I keep thinking back to last week.

She seems happy, but I don't think she is. She even admitted she was sad.

Emily sways her hips as she dances to I Call You Love while flipping pancakes. "Did you know I don't like pancakes?" She speaks up.

"Sorry. What was that?" I ask, not looking up from my book, Side Effects.

Emily laughs. "I prefer waffles."

"Mm hm." I hum, and flip the page.

Emily walks over to me. "Are you even listening-Oh! Stitches is on!" She exclaims and starts dancing around the kitchen. I laugh. "I was listening. You don't like pancakes, you like waffles." I giggle, and Emily smiles at me and she continues dancing.

Emily sighs. "Whatcha reading?" She asks as she puts her face about four inches away from mine, leaning on the counter while resting her face in her palms.

"It's called Side Effects. It's about a teenage girl that finds out she has cancer. It's really good." I smile at her and kiss her perfect lips. "Go tend to your pancakes before you burn them." I giggle.

"What?" Emily questions, genuinely confused. "Oh! Right!" She chuckles nervously.

I raise my eyebrows at her and she turns around.

She's off.

I purse my lips, put my bookmark in my book and close it. "Emily, babe, are you okay?" I inquire. "You seem off."

"I'm great. Why?" She asks, turning to face me.

I plaster a smile onto my face. "It's nothing." I lie. "I'm going to go wake up Eden and Charlotte." I tell her.

I wake Eden up first, and she groggily gets out of bed and goes to her dresser. She picks out black leggings and a pink v-neck. Then she runs out to the kitchen to eat, and I go into Charlotte's room.

I get her dressed in a light blue shirt with a white cat on it wearing pink glasses, and white shorts and she runs out of her room.

I walk out and see Eden filling Ellie's water bowl, and Charlotte getting the dog food.

During breakfast, Emily keeps zoning out.

After we're done eating, I do the dishes while Emily plays outside with the girls and Ellie. I grab my phone and call Dr. Grey.

"Hey, Alison. What's up?" She asks, she's a good friend of mine.

"Hey. Not much." I tell her. "I think there's something wrong with Emily, though. She's been a bit off lately."

"Bring her in."

---

"So, where are we going?" Emily smiles at back at me as I buckle Charlotte into her car seat.

"You'll see." I say monotone without looking at her.

Charlotte smiles at me and laughs, and me being me, has to get a picture.

I take the picture, and post it to Instagram, captioning it:

Happy baby, happy mama 😍

I immediately get lots of likes and comments on it.

Emily groans. "Just tell me."

"Yeah, mama. Where are we going?" Eden questions as she plays on her iPad.

I sigh. "It's a secret."

"Why?" Emily asks.

"Because..." I sigh. I get into my seat and lock the doors, then start the car and drive away from the house. "If I told you where we're going, you'd be pissed." I say, looking Emily in the eyes.

Emily cocks her head to the side. "Why?"

I ignore her question and turn back towards the road.

---

We arrive at the hospital, since that's where Meredith works, and Emily looks at me with anger and fear. "Why are we here?!" She practically screams.

"Umm..."

"Alison! What the hell?!" Emily yells on the verge of tears. "Take me home!"

Eden looks from me to Emily with a confused look on her face. "...Um. What going on?" She asks as she turns her iPad off, and sits it on the middle seat gently.

"We just need to go inside for a bit. Come on." I say, and get out of the car.

I get Charlotte, and Eden unbuckles her seatbelt, and grabs her iPad, and Emily helps her out of the car.

Emily slowly trudges inside.

We sit in the waiting room, and Emily taps her feet on the ground and nervously bounces he legs up and down.

"Babe, calm down." I whisper, and put my hand on her thigh. She looks at me before removing my hand from her leg.

Meredith comes out, and Emily rolls her eyes. "Come with me." Meredith tells us.

A/N Idek. I needed to get an update out.

School is wrecking my life.

I don't get to see M until Wednesday. Ugh. I spent the night at her house on Saturday with E and V. Sooo... Don't get any ideas. Next sleepover is definitely at my house. Because everyone else's parents are judgmental of their kids friends, as mine aren't.