Chapter 3: We Meet Again

The next day

Alison POV:
It's Friday after school and I had nothing to do. So I took Eden to the park.

She was standing on my longboard, and she looked to cute with her little pigtails, striped leggings, tank top, and baby Converse.

I laughed and sat down on the bench as she continued playing with the longboard.

My phone started ringing so I stood up to get it from the diaper bag on the blanket. I was also having a picnic with my baby girl.

I watched Eden, and when I turned around I bumped into someone.

"Shit..." I whispered.

"Sorry!" Whoever I bumped into said frantically.

I looked up and it's that same girl from school. Whom I have three classes with.

"Didn't I tell you to pay attention to where you were going?!" I snap at her.

"It was an accident." She numbles with a look of fear in her eyes.

"...What's your name, new girl?" I ask.

"E-Emily." She answers quietly.

"Well, Emily, if you bump into me again, I swear you'll regret it!" I say through gritted teeth.

"You don't have to take whatever anger you have out on me." She says boldly.

"What?" I scoff.

"You have a baby, so I'm guessing you haven't gotten any action in a while." She retorts bravely.

"Go away." I snarl.

"You're telling me to go away. Therefore, I'm right." She says, and runs off her in her joggers and work out tank.

I groan, and run my fingers through my hair in frustration.
She's right.

Whoever called will have to call back. Because I accidentally hung up on them.

I sit back down on the bench and continue watching Eden.

"Mama! Wook!" She screeches and laughs.

"Good job, baby girl!" I say and clap my hands. She copies my actions and falls backwards off the longboard onto her ass.

"Uh! Oh!" She says, and puts her hands out.

I laugh, and pick her up.

"I love you so much." I say, and kiss her cheeks.

"I luh yu." She mumbles.

"You ready to go?" I ask her.

"Yep!" She replies popping the P and messing with her lips.

I grab my longboard, and head to the car.

I buckle Eden into her car seat, and get in the front seat.

"Mama's going to stop at The Brew and get a coffee and a cookie for you. Okay?" I ask Eden.

"Otay." She replies quietly.

I look in the readview mirror and she's making funny faces at herself in the baby mirror strapped on to the back of my headrest.

I laugh, and park the car.

We go inside The Brew, and I bump into someone.

The person turns around and I hear that new familiar voice.

"We have really got to stop meeting like this." Emily says, and picks up the notepad and pencil she dropped.

"I know." I retort, and roll my eyes.

"I could take your order if you're ready." She offers.

"A vanilla frappe and a cookie." I tell her.

"What kind of cookie?" She asks.

"Eden, what cookie do you want?" I question the small tot.

"Choco." She says.

"Chocolate, please." I say.

Emily nods her head, and goes to the kitchen.

"Andrew, get me a vanilla frappe please." I hear her say to a tall masculine guy. I think he goes to Rosewood High.

He hands her the cup, and she comes back three minutes later with the drink and cookie.

"Here you go, Ali. A-Alison." She stutters.

"Thanks." I say, and grab the items.

Emily POV:
Never in my life have I ever been this nervous around a person. Ever.

Why can't school just be over already?

[...]

I wake up the next morning and decide I have to make myself presentable and hot today.

I'm going to show that Alison chick who I really am.

I put on black ripped skinny jeans, a white cotton v-neck tucked in to my jeans, a black leather belt, a black leather jacket, black combat boots, lightly curled hair, and dark eye make up. I then put on my black sunnies. And to top that all off I also add a black beanie and bright red lipstick.

I grab my black jansport backpack and my keys, and go outside. I get on my black Harley Davidson motorcycle, and head to school.

I pull up and everybody is staring at me. And Tyler. Tyler came with me.

He's wearing black skinny jeans, a black and white baseball tee with "Idiot" written in green writing, a black leather jacket, and black vans. We were wrong. We do fit in here. Everyone is all over us.

I smile as I walk up to the front entrance of the school with Tyler.

"See you later, bud." I say, and pat his back.

"Bye, Em." He says, and goes with some of his new friends.

"Yo, Tyler!" His friend Jacob yells, and does some hand shake with him.

"Emily! Over here!" Hanna shouts.

"Hey, Hanna Banana! You're look very apeeling today." I laugh with a wink.

"You're ridiculous." She says and rolls her eyes as she laughs. "Wanna hear a joke about pizza?" She asks. "...Never mind. It's too cheesy." She sighs, and we all laugh slightly.

"Looks like you're fitting in pretty good." Spencer says.

"I feel like I am. And I'm going to go far here." I say, remembering when my dad told me that.

Flashback

"You're going to go far, Emmy. Never forget that. You're a beautiful young lady, and you have a lot ahead of you. I will be back before you know. With everything you do, you'll get exactly where you want to be. Speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far. Look at how far you've already gotten. You're my beautiful ten year old little girl. You need to take care of Tyler. You're his big sister. I love you, Emmy. You will go far. You will soar to the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

End of flashback

My dad said that to me as he got ready to fly out to war for the first time.

I sniffle, and put on a smile as we walk to first period.

But, of course, not without me bumping into Alison.