Chapter 76: Taken

I hate how whenever I'm sneaking into my parents room the get something, all of my joints decide it's the time to pop. Loud. Like...wtf. There's no need for my elbows, shoulders, knees, back, wrists, neck, fingers, etc. to be popping all at the same fucking time.

Alison POV:
"Where are Eden and Charlotte?" I tiredly ask Emily.

"They're gone!" She cries as her breathing becomes ragged and her voice cracks terribly.

"WHAT?!" I shriek, now fully awake.

"I-I...I w-woke up and they-they were go-gone!" She sobs.

"Eden?! Charlotte!" I yell as I desperately run around the house looking for them.

"Emily, call the police!" I shout.

She hurries to the bedroom and comes out with shaky hands as she attempts to dial.

She drops the phone as she holds it up to her ear but quickly picks it up and presses speaker just as someone answers.

"911, what's your emergency?" She operator asks in a calm voice.

"I need to report a kidnapping!" Emily yells as tears fall down both of our cheeks.

We tell the operator everything we know and the police are here within a matter of minutes.

They have a search party going on and it's already on the news.

A toddler and a baby go missing during the night as everyone in the house sleeps? I'd watch it.

"Is there anything else you could tell us? Someone that would want to harm the girls? Or have an reason to take them?" The officer questions.

I think back to yesterday. "Jake. Jake Cowley. Their, um...f-father." I say. "He came here yesterday." I tell him. "He said something about having friends on the inside. And he demanded to see the girls. I told him no and he said I would regret this and that he'll be back." I ramble, rubbing my words together.

Emily is talking to another officer so she doesn't know anything about this.

The officer nods his head, "I'll get the word out to find him." He tells us. "We will find your daughters." He says with determination before walking off.

We sit down on the couch and a few minutes later, the girls and guys burst through the door, including CeCe.

"Oh, my god! Emily! Alison!" Spencer cries and hugs us. "We saw on the news what happened. This is all over the east coast." She tells us.

They're all crying.

A few hours go by and there's still nothing. There are police from Maine to Florida out looking for Jake and the girls.

We're all sitting on the couch, watching the news to see if they say anything.

I close my eyes and take in multiple deep breaths when my phone goes off.

Unknown

1476 Creek Lane Rosewood, PA

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

Who is this?

I text back.

J.C.Thief

Then it clicks. Jake has been watching us for months. JC means Jake Cowley and Thief is because he's been planning this for months, I'm sure.

He's the blank Instagram profile that is always liking my pictures and commenting on how cute the girls are.

I get up and Emily looks at me concerned. "Guys, come on." I tell them.

Everyone follows me out to the car and we get in.

"Where are we going?" Caleb questions.

"Hanna, you need to drop Carter off at your moms." I tell Hanna as she buckles Carter into Charlotte's car seat.

"Why?" She asks.

"I got a text and we're going to go get Eden and Charlotte back." I tell her.

A/N I'm almost out of prewritten chapters, so updates will be slow. I have the power to decide when I update. lmao anyways...gotta go unfollow and mute EmisonAF_ because of what she did. Even though I just followed her like 2 seconds ago. :) peace out hoes