Chapter 4: Babysitter

Alison POV:
"Okay, you really need to watch where you're going." I say angrily. I don't even have to look up to know who bumped into me. Actually, I bumped into her.

"You bumped into me!" Emily snaps.

I look up and I'm going to be honest. She looks really good.

I can smell her cinnamon shampoo, and perfume. By how strong the scent us, I'm guessing all of her body and hygiene products are cinnamon. But it smells good.

"Whatever." I say annoyed, and walk off.

Emily POV:
"Wow. You got on Alison's bad side on your first week here." Hanna says.

"Usually the new kids are smart enough to avoid her." Spencer says.

"It's been a year, though. Things change." Aria says.

I sigh, and we continue walking down the hall.

"We're meeting at The Brew later, right?" Spencer asks us.

"Oh, shit!" I whisper yell. "I can't. I'm babysitting. I need the extra money."

"It's fine." Aria assures me.

"We can just go without you." Hanna says in a joking way.

"You can. I don't want you three to cancel your plans because of me." I tell them.

We all go to first period, and sit in our seat.

Spencer is in the last row in the front, Aria is behind her, I'm on Aria's left. Obviously. And Hanna is in front of me.

Alison comes in a few minutes later, and sits down in her seat. Which is on my left.

After a long, dreadful day, we can finally go home.

Well, I can't. I have to babysit.

I go to the address, and knock on the door. Apparently this family is important in Rosewood. My mom met this lady, Jessica, while at The Grille, and they got to know each other.

One thing led to another, they had a few other meetings, and here I am.

Babysitting.

On a Friday night.

Babysitting.

Once again, on a Friday night.

Shoot me.

A middle aged lady opens the door and she looks oddly familiar.

"You must be Emily!" She says excitedly.

"Yeah, that's me. It's nice to meet you." I say, and shake her hand.

We talk for about twenty minutes until Jessica has to leave with her husband to wherever the hell she's going tonight.

I couldn't help but notice how the baby liked familiar.

Eden...

Her name is Eden.

Where have I heard that?

...Oh, my god...

This is Alison's baby.

Really, someone...Please. Shoot me...

I feed Eden her dinner, give her a bottle, and lay her down in her bassinet next to the couch.

Then I turn on the TV and watch Property Brothers.

The channels on this TV are ridiculous. It's, like, every genre out there.

All of the lights are off, and it's only the TV lighting up the room.

At about midnight, I hear the door open and close.

I look back towards the doorway and see a figure taking off their shoes and putting up their coat.

The figure steps into the small light from the TV and I see it's Alison.

"Emily? What the hell are you going here?" She asks me sounding tired, confused, and annoyed.

"Babysitting. Duh." I tell her in a matter-of-factly tone.

"Well, you can leave now. I'm home." She snaps.

"I have a question for you." I retort.

"And what's that?" She questions me as she rolls her eyes.

"I'm afraid to ask. You'll probably yell at me or punch me in the face. But I have tons of thoughts and questions floating around in my he'd about you." I state, being quiet because of the sleeping baby.

"...You're annoying me." She sighs. "You can go home."

"I'm supposed to stay here until your parents get home." I inform her.

"They probably aren't coming home. And if they are, it's not for another two hours or so." She groans.

"...You sound really irritated." I speak after a few seconds of silence.

"That's because I am, idiot!" She yells.

"Your baby is sleeping. I suggest you be quiet." I whisper, trying to sound as cocky and annoying as possible.

"Whatever. I'm going to sit on that couch and watch old Disney shows." She mutters.

She sits down, and I can't help but notice how much she's fidgeting. She keeps stretching and popping anything she can.

"You're stressed." I say, stating the obvious. "Let me help you."

"Um, no. Thanks." She says.

"I don't like listening." I say, and grab her shoulders.

She flinches, and I rub her back.

I massage her lower back getting low moans from her.

I go up to her neck, and put pressure on any tight spots.

Ten minutes later, and she's out.

I get off of the couch and lay her down, then grab a blanket and cover her.

She mumbles something in her sleep and snuggles up in a ball.

I laugh lightly, and get Eden from her bassinet and go upstairs.

This baby doesn't even have her own room.

I do however find a pink and white room with a baby crib in it.

I lay Eden down, and go back downstairs.

I sit on the empty couch, and fall asleep after a few minutes.