Chapter 111: Transplant

I love the Camren fandom so fucking much. 😂 They are so amazing.
Also, send in suggestions for this story. 😛 But I may just end this story and post one of my new ones.

Emily POV:
"How much longer?" I ask impatiently as I bounce my legs up and down. "How long has it been? Shouldn't the surgery be over?"

"Emily, we've only been sitting here for two hours. Charlotte is getting not only a liver transplant, but a double lung transplant. The surgery is going to take all day." Alison says, putting her hand on my knee. "Calm down."

"I'm sorry. It's just...I feel like a lot of bad things have been happening this last year. I mean, my dad got sick and had to have a heart transplant. And this and it's just...I dot know!" I exasperate.

Alison sighs. "How about we go take a walk around?" She suggests hopefully.

I sigh in defeat, and hang my head. "Okay..." I give in. Alison smiles, and quickly stands up. "Great! Come on!" She says excitedly, holding her hand out for me to take.

"Where are we going?" I ask after we've been walking for about ten minutes. Alison looks at me, and smiles. "Just walking."

"This is boring." I frown. "I want to see Charlotte."

"You can't." Alison giggles. "How about we go shopping? The fridge and pantry are both practically empty, besides a few old boxes of cereal and some apples, maybe."

I roll my eyes playfully. "Exaggerate much?" I joke. Alison smiles. "No. Just a little."

I sigh. "Fine."

"Great!" Alison claps her hands. "Come on!"

She grabs my hands, practically dragging me out of the hospital and to our car. "Where to first?" She asks.

"Target." I answer. "And then Ikea!"

(A/N IKEA 😍)

Alison laughs. "Alright."

6 hours later

Alison POV:
We get in the car after spending five hours roaming through Ikea, and Emily almost immediately falls asleep.

"Alison, one. Emily, zero." I smirk, and start the car. "Eight hours down, four more to go." I look at the time. Four in the afternoon.

We go to the house, and I put all the groceries away. Then I drive us back to the hospital, but instead of waking Emily up, I turn the car off and sit in the parking garage. I scroll through all my social media, waiting for Emily to wake up. And she does about an hour later.

"What time is it?" She asks groggily, rubbing her eyes. "How long was I asleep?"

"About two hours or so." I answer, turning my phone off and setting it down. "I'm not sure exactly."

"Is Charlotte out of surgery yet?"

"My mom told me she would call us when she is." I said. Emily nods her head. "Okay."

"Let's play tic-tac-toe or something while we wait." I suggest, reaching into the back and grabbing the toy bag we take with us everywhere. After about five games of that, Emily winning with three to two, my phone rings.

Before I have time to even reach for my phone, Emily has already answered it. "Hello?" She breathes. "Yeah...we are... Really?! Oh my god, okay. We're coming up." She says, and quickly hangs up. "She's out of surgery!" Emily exclaims. "Come on!"

We run into the hospital like a couple of kids, racing past patients on IV's and people in wheelchairs.

When we've made it to the waiting room, the doctors are there waiting for us.

"Hi." I breathe.

Dr. Yang smiles. "Charlotte did try to bleed out on us, but I wouldn't let her. She's up in the ICU waiting for her mommies."

I breathe a sigh of relief. "How long until she wakes up?"

"She should be up soon." Dr. Robbins chimes in. "She'll be groggy, maybe grumpy and in a little pain, but happy to see you. I'm sure." She smiles, putting her hands in the pockets of her lab coat.

"And her scarring will be minimal. You won't even notice it unless you look really closely." Dr. Sloan says proudly.

"The surgery went great." Dr. Grey smiles. "She had all the best doctors on her team."

Emily and I walk to her room, where Charlotte is just waking up. "Hi, mommy. Hi, mama." She giggles.

I smile with tears in my eyes. "Hi, baby!" I say happily. I scurry over to her bedside, and sit next to her. "I'm so glad you're okay."

She giggles. "Me too!"

I can't help but laugh. "You're so goofy."

"No I not! You are, silly!" She points at me, biting her bottom lip the way little kids tend to do.

I poke her side, and she laughs. "Stop it, silly!"

"You stop it!" I smile.

"Stop what?" She asks confused, furrowing her eyebrows and tilting her head to the left. She clutches her stuffed dog to her chest, looking at me.

"Stop being so damn cute!"

"I can't stop that!" Charlotte exclaims. "It's impossible!"

"Whoa. Big vocabulary, little girl." Emily smiles, sitting on the end of Charlotte's bed.

Charlotte smiles. "Me and Billie want chocolate." She says.

Emily smiles. "Oh yeah?" She questions.

"Yeah! Billie said so!" She says, holding up her fest stuffed dog. "And the black fuzzy blanket!"

"Alright." I giggle. "I'll tell grandma. Because I want to cuddle my baby." I get in her bed will her and she lays her head on my shoulder.

"You can't touch my tummy!" She exclaims. "Or my heart!" She points at her belly and chest.

"I know." I giggle. "I won't."

Charlotte sighs. "Where's Eden? I want Eden."

Emily smiles. "I will go get her."

Emily POV:
I walk out into the hallway, looking around. She's alive. She's alive and healthy. She's not sick anymore. I smile widely as tears fall down my cheeks.

When I make it to the waiting room, Eden jumps up. "Can I go?!" She yells.

"Yeah." I answer. "Come on." Eden, Isaiah, Ronan, and Dylan all follow me.

"Oh, and can someone get Charlotte some chocolate and her fuzzy black blanket?"

A/N halp