Chapter 91: The Date (part 2)

Alison POV:
"Where are we going?" I ask Emily ask she grabs my hand and pulls me up.

"It's a surprise." She says, and starts running.

"What about the picnic basket and blanket?" I query.

"Hanna will get it." Emily tells me.

"Let's play twenty one questions while we drive to wherever it is we're going." I suggest.

"Alright."

"I'll go first. What's your favorite color?" I ask with a smile, and Emily giggles.

"You know the answer to that. It's blue. Like all of my girls' eyes. She chuckles cutely. "What's your favorite color?"

"I like blue like Eden's eyes, and blue like Charlotte's eyes. I also like baby pink." I tell her, and she nods. "I know." She smiles.

"Who's your favorite person?" I ask quietly.

"I can't answer that. It comes down to you, Eden, Charlotte, and my friends and family."

"But you said me first!" I cheer jokingly, making Emily laugh.

"You're a nerd."

"Yes, but I'm your nerd!" I correct her.

"That you are." Emily says, and quickly leans over and gives me a chaste kiss.

"...Can you please tell me where you're taking me?" I pout.

"We're almost there!" Emily exclaims, and laughs. "Be patient."

"Ugh!" I groan loudly, and toss my head back. "You better have really good sex with me for making me wait so long." I say.

"Will do." Emily smiles.

I plug my phone into the cord, and go to my music. "We're listening to Troye." I tell Emily.

"Okay."

I play Suburbia, and lean my head back on the headrest, and slowly close my eyes. "Goodnight."

"Okay! We're here!" Emily exclaims.

I open one eye, and see her smiling down at me. "Hey, sleepyhead."

I groan. "How long was I asleep?"

"Only for about twenty minutes." Emily says. "Come on. I think you'll like this."

We get out of the car, and we're parked in an alleyway. "What the hell..." I say quietly.

"Follow me." Emily says. I obey, and follow my beautiful wife. "You have to climb up this ladder."

"Why?" I ask confused, dragging out the word.

"We're going on the roof. Now climb!" Emily exclaims, pointing upwards.

I sigh, and start climbing. "The view is great from down here!" Emily says in a flirtatious tone as she starts climbing as well.

"Shut up." I mumble, and Emily laughs.

Once we've made it on the roof, I see another picnic set up.

"We got here just in time. The sun will be going down soon, so we can watch the sunset together." Emily tells me.

"Who did this?" I ask, looking around.

"Spencer and Aria."

We both sit down, and Emily opens the picnic basket. "There's fruit and sandwiches. Turkey, muenster cheese, mayo, and pickles for you. And a PB and J for me." Emily smiles, and gives me a kiss.

"You are such a child." I giggle.

"I also got wine." Emily says, pulling out the bottle.

We eat in silence, Emily looking at me with dilated pupils. "You're staring." I mumble.

"How could I not?" She whispers.

I look at her, and she has a frown on her face. "What's wrong?" I ask, setting my food down on the plate.

"I want to apologize. I know I haven't been myself lately. And I'm supposed to be there! For you, and for the girls! And I'm so sorry. I don't want to feel like this. I want to be happy. You deserve someone that's there for you." She says the last part quietly.

"Hey, you're amazing." I say and grab her cold hands. "You can't help feeling this way. It's not your fault, so you don't have to apologize. I love you. I am in love with you." I tell her.

Her eyes start getting glossy, and my heart drops. "Emily, you are the best person I know." I grab her face, and pull her into me. "You are the love of my life."

Emily chuckles and sniffles, and wipes the tears off if her face. "I'm in love with you, too." She whispers before kissing me again.

"Let's watch the sunset." I giggle.

"Okay. I'd really like that." Emily says in a hushed voice.

A/N I just took my U.S. History final. WOO!!