Chapter 68: Curiosity Killed the Cat

*School isn't as bad as I expected. But my bus is full of seventh graders.*

---

Alison POV:
I look around the room.

It's pitch black.

Emily forgot to the turn the nightlight on.

I get out of bed and goosebumps form as my feet touch the cold hardwood floor.

I walk to the nightlight, flipping the switch and turning it on.

It's also a scentsy, so the room will smell good in the morning.

(A/N I don't know the spelling for the scented candle light things.)

I walk out of the room.

I notice everyone is still here.

Hanna and Caleb are facing away from each other on the couch, Carter is in the crib/bassinet, Spencer is on the very large beanbag, Toby is sprawled across the floor and Aria and Jason and cuddled on the other couch.

I go to Hanna and Caleb.

"Han, wake up." I whisper.

She doesn't move.

"Hanna, pssst." I say louder and touch her shoulder.

"Hanna!" I say even louder and lightly shake her.

She still doesn't budge.

I check her pulse.

Oh, my god! She's-

Nah, just kidding. She's alive.

I roll my eyes and shake her even more.

I get closer to her, my mouth centimeters away from her ear.

"Pst! Hanna!" I say loudly enough for everyone to hear.

She jumps her, her head hitting mine.

Hard.

"Ah! Shit!" She cries.

I hold my head where she hit me and squeeze my eyes shut tight at the throbbing pain.

"Damn it, Hanna!" I breathe out.

"Sorry! You're the one that decided...that was a good idea!" She defends herself.

"And now I know never to do it again."

"Whatever. What did you need? Why did you wake me up at..." She glances over at the clock on the cable box. "Fucking two thirty in the fucking morning?" She asks tiredly and annoyed.

"I woke up from a dream and was going to check on the girls. I didn't realize everyone stayed over." I tell her.

"And that includes you waking me up becauseee...?" She trails off and rolls her eyes.

"I saw Caleb and you sharing this couch. You just had a baby a few days ago. And your feet are in each other's faces. I was going to tell you to go to the guest room." I say.

"Tyler is in there." She says, going to lay back down.

"What?" I ask confused. "Tyler?"

"Yeah. He came over after you went to sleep and he ended up going to sleep before all us. Even me." She says.

"You're Hanna. You always go to sleep last." I laugh.

"I just had a baby."

"That's true." I say, tilting my head and raising my eyebrows for a quick second in a "she's got a point" way.