Chapter 1: First Encounter

April 24th, 2013

Alison POV:
"Alison, wake up! You don't want to be late on your first day back at school!" My mom yells from downstairs.

God, this year went by too fast.

Eden Estella, my daughter, is one year old. My baby is barely fifteen months old, and I have to leave her and go back to that hellhole.

Yes, I got pregnant at fifteen. I had her at sixteen, and in two months I'll be seventeen.

I get out of bed careful not to wake Eden, and pick out my clothes.

I have to look good for my first at back.

I put on black skinny jeans, and a red flowy shirt. I also slip on red high top converse, and grab my black Michael Kors purse.

"Mom, I'm leaving! Eden is asleep in my room on my bed!" I yell.

"Okay!" She yells back.

I open the door and step outside in the cool spring weather. I get in my silver 2013 Audi, and drive to school.

---

Emily POV:
"Do you have your schedule? Everything you need? How about food?" My mom rambles.

"Mom, I've been to, like, seven different high schools over the last three years. I'm seventeen years old. I'll be fine. Go bug Tyler." I laugh, and grab an apple.

Tyler is my fifteen year old brother. He's just like me. He swims, he's nice, caring, loyal, but instead of volleyball, he does baseball and basketball. I'm also a dancer. So we have petty busy lives.

Let's see...I do dance, swimming, volleyball, softball, and I run every morning. And I play basketball with Tyler occasionally. I also work at The Brew. Seeing as this is the last time we'll be moving, I got a job.

Tyler does basketball, baseball, swimming, lacrosse, soccer, and football.

We aren't signed up in all of these. We just enjoy the sport.

We mainly do swimming, basketball, volleyball, softball, and baseball. Oh, and I do dancing.

But that's still pretty busy.

Enough about me. I need to get to school.

"Tyler, come on!" I shout up the stairs.

"Coming!" He exclaims, and runs down the stairs holding his basketball.

"Took you long enough." I joke, and rub his head.

He laughs, and gets in the passenger seat.

We pull up to the school and I can immediately separate all of the cliques.

Jocks, nerds, geeks, populars, bitches, sluts, druggies, and stoners, campaign kids (save the earth go green!), drama kids, hipsters, party lovers, athletic assholes which is a mix between jocks and bitches, flawless models with hearts of gold, preppies, goths and emos, band geeks, and the less fortunate.

"We are so not going to fit in here." Tyler says quietly and sighs.

"We'll try. Look at those girls over there. They look nice." I say, pointing to a group of three girls.

One blonde, one short brunette, and a tall brunette. Next to the blonde is a short haired brunette boy, and next to the tall brunette is another brunette boy with blue eyes.

"The guys kind of look intimidating. And there are, like, five million kids at this school." Tyler says.

"Calm down. We'll be...fine." I say with hesitation.

To be honest, I'm scared.

We step out of the car, but no one notices. Good.

"At least no one noticed us." Tyler says.

"Exactly what I was thinking." I tell him.

We walk up, and I accidentally bump into someone while looking at my phone.

"Watch it!" The girl yells.

"I-I-" I pause and take a gulp. "I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention." I say quietly.

"Well, maybe you should, loner!" She yells.

I finally look up and I'm hit with the smell of vanilla and cold blue eyes staring at me.

"I'm sorry." I whisper one last time.

"You should be, bitch." She snarls, and walks off.

"Yep. I'm done." Tyler says, and turns around.

"No. We'll be fine." I say, and grab his bag.

Just then, someone walks up to me.

I see blonde hair and blue eyes, and I tense.

"I said I'm sorry." I murmur.

"What?" She says. I look up and it's a different girl.

"Ohhh, you thought I was Alison. Yeah, don't compare me to that bitch." She says, making me laugh.

"I'm Hanna. You?" She asks, extending her hand.

"Emily." I reply with a small shy smile, and take her hand.

"It's nice to meet you Emily, and..." She trails off, looking at Tyler.

"Tyler." He smiles.

"That was Alison. Alison DiLaurentis. Avoid her." She says.

"O-Okay...?" I respond slightly confused.

"I know. Horrible way to introduce yourself to a new person. I apologize." She says.

"It's fine." I tell her.

"Cool. Well, want to meet my friends? You'll like them."