Chapter 69: Tapes Files and Trips

*last night I swore to my dad that my dog hates me and I went into my room to see that my dog took a shit in there. IM SO FUCKING PISSED IM LITERALLY CRYING*

---

Emily POV:
"A...tape player?" I ask. "Who the hell would have one of those?" I ask.

"I have one." Spencer says out of the blue as she scans over the papers.

"Of course you do." Aria sighs.

"I've just been listening in. Pretty sure we all have." Hanna says from the couch, pointing at Jason, Caleb and Toby. "Toby, go to Spencer's and get the tape recorder or player thingy whatever."

"Please." Spencer chuckles.

"Alright. Where is it?" Toby asks as he gets up.

"In my top desk drawer." Spencer tells him.

"Alright. I'll be back. Bye, babe. See you all soon." Toby says and gives Spencer a chaste kiss before grabbing the keys and leaving.

"Aria, go get the other box from the guest room." Alison tells the short brunette as she looks through the other box she brought.

"What's this box for?" I question as I peek into it.

"Some girl named Bethany Young. Her and Charles were friends." She says like its nothing.

"How are you acting so calm?!" I ask.

"What do you mean?" She asks as she looks up at me.

"You just broke into a mental hospital and stole a bunch of stuff from it! And someone saw you!" I say. "I'm, like...panicking!" I exasperate.

"Well, I had an excuse. My mother used to work at Radley, so..." Alison trails off and shrugs. "I can just have her lie for me."

I nod my head and go sit down on the couch.

What the fuck is wrong with my girlfriend? And her family?

"It says here Charles started improving and had out privileges." Aria says with a confused look. "But then, the file ends. There's nothing left after that."

"They didn't start treatment until he was nine because of the age. And for the first few years, they wound just do simple things. Like identifying emotions and good from bad." Alison tells everyone that's listening. "Use some medications. But it just ends? Like that, there's nothing left to read?"

"Yeah." Aria answers.

Spencer picks up a bag.

"What's this?" She questions.

Alison looks over.

She opens the seal and looks into it and her eyes get glossy.

"It's Charles's clothes from when he got dropped off." She tells us and blinks her tears away.

I stand up and go over and start looking through the box.

I find a small piece of paper that has writing on it.

Charlotte DiLaurentis

I knit my eyebrows in confusion and stuff the paper in my pocket.

Charlotte DiLaurentis is my daughter. But why would her name be in this box?

"Hey, I'm going to go to the store." I tell the girls.

"Okay." Spencer replies.

"Alright."