Chapter 88: Happy

M.R.B.D is 😍🔥

Couldn't relax, couldn't sit back
And let the sunlight in my lap
I sang a hymn to bring me peace
And then it came, a melody

It felt so sweet, it felt so strong
It made me feel like I belonged
And all the sadness inside me
Melted away like I was free

I found what I'd been looking for in myself
Found a life worth living for someone else
Never thought that I could be, I could be
Happy, happy

Don't go out much at all
I've never been the type to call
I realize to be happy
Maybe I need a little company

So now you know, you know it all
That I've been des-desperately alone
I haven't found the one for me
But I believe in divinity

I found what I'd been looking for in myself
Found a life worth living for someone else
Never thought that I could be, I could be
Happy, happy

I believe in possibility
I believe someone's watching over me
And finally I have found a way to be
Happy, happy

From the concrete to the coast
I was looking for a holy ghost
Like the land joining the sea
Happiness, it followed me

I believe in possibility
I believe someone's watching over me
And finally I have found a way to be
Happy, happy, happy

Alison POV:
We follow Meredith into a room in the clinic. "What seems to be the problem?" She asks as she takes a seat on the swivel chair.

Emily awkwardly and slowly sits on the table as she fidgets with her engagement and wedding rings.

We keep them both on. I have my promise ring that engraves an infinity sign, my engagement ring, and my wedding ring all on the same finger.

"Alison, would you like to answer that question?" Emily snaps at me.

I clear my throat awkwardly. "Um... Meredith, could I speak to you in private?"

---

Meredith sits in front of Emily, and smiles at her. "Emily, I'm going to show you some pictures and tell me what you see."

Meredith takes the white papers with black paint on them and holds them up.

"It's a puppy!" Charlotte giggles.

"No, Charlotte. It's a rocket ship." Eden argues as she turns her iPad off. "Duh."

Meredith and I chuckle and Emily sighs. "It's a black blob of paint."

I frown and slump my shoulders. "I see a frog." I say.

Emily glances at me, then back at the paper. She studies it more closely and sighs. "I see a duck."

I nod my head. "See? You've got this!" I cheer, but Emily just rolls her eyes in response.

"Okay..." I whisper to myself and clamp my hands together.

We do a few more pictures, and then Meredith pulls out some papers and a clipboard and pen and other medical things I don't know the names of.

Maybe I should be a doctor...

She asks Emily what seems like hundreds of questions, and checks her blood pressure and a bunch of other shit I don't quite understand.

Maybe I shouldn't be a doctor...

I sigh, and sit on the bench next to Eden and Charlotte. "Is mommy okay?" Eden whispers.

I smile at her, and nod my head. "Yeah." 

Eden looks at me for a few more seconds before sighing, and turning away.

1 hour later

"Mama!" Eden yells at me as we wait in the waiting room. "Can we leave now?" She begs and pouts her bottom lip.

"Eden, you need to stop whining. Be quiet." I snap at her. She looks taken back for a second before glaring at me. "Fine." She says and walks away.

Charlotte looks from me to Eden a few times before she also gets up and leaves.

For only two and four years old, they have got quite the smarts and attitude.

Meredith comes out and smiles at me.

"That smile isn't a happy one." I sigh and cross my left leg over my right, then cross my arms over my chest. "What is it?" I say glumly.

"It's nothing too bad." Meredith tells me. "Emily has depression, I've already put in a subscription for antidepressants. You can pick them up at the pharmacy." She tells me, handing me a slip of paper.

I put on a fake, sarcastic smile and stand up. I grab my bag. "Thanks." I say to Meredith, and snatch the paper out of her hand.

I walk over to Eden and Charlotte, and pick Charlotte up off the floor, where she was playing with a train set. "Mama!" She whines a thrashes around.

I put her on my left hip, and grab Eden's hand. "Come on."

We wait for Emily to come out, and Emily picks up Eden.

Without saying anything, I walk out of the clinic.

"Alison-"

"What the hell, Emily?!" I snap at her as I roughly turn around to face her. "What did I do wrong?" I ask, my voice shaky.

"You didn't do anything." She says calmly.

"Really? Then why aren't you happy?!" I yell at her.

"Can we please not do this here?" She asks quietly.

I roll my eyes. "Whatever." I say and walk to the car.

Emily follows close behind me. We buckle the girls into their car seats. I pull the door open and slam it shut behind me.

"Ali, calm down." Emily tells me.

At this point, I can't stop the tears that are falling down my cheeks. "Please, Emily. Tell me what I did wrong." I beg in a whisper.

"You didn't do anything. I promise. I can't help feeling this way!" Emily raises her voice.

"Why?!" I sob. "Please, tell me why."

"I-I don't know why! Alison, I love you. You didn't do anything wrong!"

"Is this about Noel?" I ask. "I swear to you, I-"

"Alison!" Emily shouts. "Stop!"

I shut my mouth, my bottom lip quivering as I try not to cry.

I suck in a deep breath, and look over at Emily. She has a helpless look on her face.

I lean over the console, and pull her into me. "I'm sorry ." I whisper. "I'm so sorry."

A/N Idek. I needed to get an update out.