vignt-sept

"The lions!" Josie exclaims as her, Chris and Celeste stroll peacefully around the zoo.

Josie had basically begged the two all morning until they took her. So far Josie has been amused by every animal she comes in contact with. She stands right at the bars where she can see the lions perfectly. She exclaims rawr and giggles after.

Swooping her up from behind, he imitates a lions roar and tickles Josie's sides as she cries from laughter. "Okay quit it daddy." She screams, Chris settles down and places her back onto her feet. Staring at each other, they didnt stop until Josie spoke again. "Let me call you daddy?" She says as Celeste watches the two.

"Alright, whatever floats your boat J." He says picking her back up and rocks her in his arms. She lays her head onto his shoulder and grins at Celeste.

"Finally, a daddy who loves me." She says.

"Maybe we should go grab some dinner?" Celeste inquires, Chris latches onto her hand and they waltz over to the exit of the zoo. The sun goes down shortly and the stars and moon come into view. Strapping Josie up in her carseat, the two then get in the front and head over to Buffalo Wild Wings.

"So your cool with her calling you that?" Celeste asks as she lets her hand dangle out of the window, the cool breeze flows in and out of the Range Rover.

"She'll never meet her father, Im the closest figure she has. She's been doing it so often, its kinda growing on me." He replies glancing over at Celeste for a moment. "You know, when were all done our scheme. We should settle down."

"Its something to maybe, possibly consider." Celeste says to him.

"Maybe and possibly? Why wouldn't you wanna settle down?" He says as he twists up his plump lips.

"Our love isn't really, a solid love." She replies without looking at him. His cheekbones clench at his skin as he wraps his fingers tightly on the steering wheel.

"Our love is more than solid. There's nothing that should be regretted about our love for each other Leste. How dare you even say that." He scoffs.

"Its no where near solid. It takes time for me to fall back in love with you. Its not something thats instant Chris."

"I never stopped loving you Leste, never." He assures her, even though he had messed around with other women.

"Well I did. Why would I continue to love someone who hurt me? So of course I fell out of love, just give me some time." Celeste groans.

"I already told you years back I was sorry, can we just move on?" Chris groans back at her.

"Move on? You know what, Im done with this conversation." Celeste turns up the radio as Chris rolls his eyes.

"Fine." He replies.

"You guys are the cutest." Josie giggles.

Cy hands Tiarè the stack of money she promised over the phone. She offered to give Tiarè one grand if she told her everything there was to know about Celeste. Knowing Tiarè she takes the first shot at anything to throw her former best friend under he bus.

"Well what do you need to know?" Tiarè grins and tosses her salad around as she pours French dressing over it in layers.

"Everything. I need this information." Cy says sternly playing with her chicken noodle soup.

"Alright. We can start with the basics then. Celeste is from here, in Baltimore. She lost her mother, but never knew her father." Tiarè begins.

"How did she meet my brother?" Cy quickly changes the subject.

"Well, I remember her coming into the dressing room telling me that she was fired by Amaury and that she had a new boss. Which was your brother." Tiarè nods.

"Okay so when did they start seeing each other?" She asked next.

"I don't know, but they're relationship was a controlling one. Chris made the calls, bossed her around, raped her, tortured her, he did everything." She says.

"I see. Thanks, I think I have all my information, I should need. If I need anything else, Ill call you." Cy says standing up and leaving

Sitting onto the squared off plush pillows, plates and silverware were placed in front of them. Josie placed herself in Celeste's lap and Celeste gave her a tiny kiss, as the waiters continued to assist the other customers around the grill.

Currently they were at a Sakura Grill in the outskirts of Baltimore. Right outside on the patio where the leaves were beginning to fall off the tree and a small breeze ran over their faces occasionally.

"So what can I order?" Josie says playing around with Celeste's mid-rings.

"You can share with me, Im gonna get fried rice, shrimp and chicken." Celeste replies letting her hands glide through her silky curls.

Chris stays silent on his phone as he engages in a group chat with Aaron and Austin, the three were planning to go shoot some pool tomorrow night. Just for some fun and money.

After ordering their food, the chef gets to work and starts making impressive moves with his utensils and even the food.

Josie stares amazed as the chef pours grease into the center of the cut up onion shaped volcano, and fire blazes from its center.

"You like that baby?" Chris pats Josie's head as she nods and giggles.

"I do." She says audibly and continues to stare.

"Let me hold her Leste." Chris says but Celeste doesn't pay him much mind. "Let me hold her." He whispers into her ear and Celeste jumps at his deep tone. Staring back into his eyes, his jaw clenched for a moment.

"It's fine, I can hold her." Celeste replies as Josie is oblivious.

"I just wanna hold my niece, okay?" He then grumbled and tries to pick up Josie. Celeste takes her back and places her on the empty pillow next to her.

"Chris, its not serious. Now she can just sit on her own." Celeste shoots at him as her curls sling her back in her face.

"Josie wait here." He announces as he holds Celeste's hand and pulls her into the restaurant, they travel through a hall and enter the bathroom. "Leste watch your fucking mouth." His finger waves in her face as she flicks it away.

"Your making a big deal out of nothing. All because your butthurt for saying I dont wanna settle down with you." Leste fires back at him, breathing heavily in the process.

"Your the one being difficult. Im in my feelings because I thought you loved me Leste." His voice whimpers as he stares at her. His hands slowly grip around her throat, pushing her back into a stall.

"You thought wrong." Celeste is able to breathe out.

"I thought wrong, Huh?" He says loudly. She had hoped nobody else was in the bathroom at the moment.

"You did." She says back to him as she feels her airways collapsing. He lets go of her throat and slaps her across her face, her head slams into the wall and she pulls herself together as she holds onto the wall.

"You tell me you love me." He croaks. "Right fucking now."

Her cries fade softly as she catches her breath.

"I love you." She lies, she didnt like the way he was so moody. He had done good keeping his temper. Now it seems to be slowly drifting away. She cant turn her back now, turning her back on him could get her hurt.

"I love you too. We will always be together, we will start a family, we will die together goddamn. Your my partner and crime and you will have no shame in your game." He huffs. "Or its your life on the line." He finishes.