trente-neuf

Morning came and Celeste contradicted whether she was proud or not being the bigger person and not making a bigger scene in the line to see Santa.

Although she caught a ride home from Austin after her and Chris argued in the line about the intimate kiss, she needed to collect her thoughts.

"I don't get it, the nigga kissed her back! Elaine is ugly, too young, ugly and it's not fair!" Celeste announces as Austin nods. What Austin really wanted to tell Celeste is that he was no good for her.

"You wanna face him?" Austin mumbles.

"Yeah so I can curse his ass out." She groans.

"Lets just get some breakfast, then I'll take you back. He probably needs some space too."

"Fine. But just breakfast." She says waving her finger near his face as he chuckles.

"Just breakfast, nothing sweet afterwards?" He flirts as Celeste rolls her eyes.

"Austin knock it off."

"What? I can't get none, we don't have to tell nobody." He pulls into a parking space at the Waffle house.

"That's foul of me. I've done it once and refuse to do so again."

Sitting inside, it was pretty quiet other than the cooking in the back, and the small tv in the corner projecting local news.

Sipping from her coffee, Austin had analyzed her the whole ten minutes they say content and mute.

"Why?" She mutters.

"Why what?"

"Why are you so persistent on taking me away from Chris?" Her eyes are laced into his and eyebrows creased as she awaits for his response.

"Maybe because I love you."

"You can love me a little less, because-"

"What even happened to you liking me? I'm gonna be here for you when you need me. I'm not going anywhere, I'd never cheat on you and I can be responsible for my actions. I'm not like Chris, I'm better. And the sex is like a bonus, I see you Leste, but do you see me?" Austin exhales blinking a few times.

"You know what Austin, I don't see you. I see a man who is just trying to take away someone who means something to someone else. And Chris may not know his wrongs from rights and be a grown ass man, but I'm here for him and I'm always gonna ride for him. He hasn't had someone to give him real love and I wanna be the one to teach him how to love, fuck this." Celeste gathers up her purse and begins to stand.

"Celeste wait." Austin tries, but Celeste having it.

"No, and don't say I'm a replacement of Chantel, don't try it bitch." She confirms exiting the Waffle House.

She didn't know who next to turn to, but she wasn't going to walk. So she dials up Ballo for a ride. The two weren't close but she knew since today was a Tuesday she was at the house cleaning.

Around 20 minutes later, both were back at the house. Ballo back cleaning the house and Celeste dragging herself upstairs.

"Yo I'll call you back." Chris quickly ends his phone call with Elaine and hides it under the sheets and acts as if he was watching T.V.

"Running back to the old bitch since your main bitch mad with you?" Celeste enters the room and heads to her closet.

"What?" Chris pretends. He and Elaine shared a connection in that line. He did like the kiss, but that was just a one time thing and wasn't going to escalate any further than he hadn't planned.