quatorze

Celeste wasnt too fond of adjustments. Nothing like this at least. She was a honest woman most of the time. She knew nothing much about Chris and Xents money scheme, but it all unfolded as she sat in the seat of a police officers questioning room. They took Chris and her both in for questioning. The two sat in different rooms. Celeste really wanted to turn him in. But she knew it wasnt the right time. She had to get him in his weakest condition. And right now Chris was in anything but a weak condition. He was healthy and powerful.

"First and last name?" The officer asked typing onto a computer.

"Celeste Vernan."

"Date of birth?"

"September 16th 1991." She replied getting comfortable in her seat. This could take awhile.

On the other hand, Chris wasnt making a good impression with his questions.

"I didnt kill anyone so Im not even sure why my yellow ass is in here officer." Chris said sucking his teeth.

"Sir. Please cooperate. Where were you on May 5th at approximately 7 pm?" He asked.

"Getting head from my bitch in St. Tropez." He replied bluntly.

"Where were you on May 4th at approximately 12 am?" He asked.

"Look officer, I dont remember. Mind you its damn near the end of May. You may as well just ask me what were my first words as a baby, cause let me tell you nigga. I dont remember."

"Alright last question about locations, where were you on May 6th?"

"Still in St. Tropez." Chris sighed heavily at all these questions. They were making him overwhelmed.

"Alright. Do you know the man in this picture?" The officer said holding up a image of Xent. His senior picture at that.

"I do." He nodded.

"Who is he to you Christopher?"

"Its Brown. To you sir. And that is my blood cousin."

"Ill address you how ever I wish to do so. Is your relationship strong with Xent?" He said placing the photo down. Chris had to be smarter than the officers. If he lacked little information on Xent towards them, they wouldn't suspect the two would be doing illegal crimes.

"No, we don't associate unless there are special occasions." He lied.

"Special occasions such as?"

"Birthdays or holidays."

"Alright. Your free, you don't really match the suspects. Besides, your not as short as the witnesses claimed. Have a nice night." The officer said to him. Chris stood up, fastening his belt a little tighter, then walked out of the office and sat in the lobby waiting for Celeste.

"Where were you on May 5th at approximately 7pm?" The officer asked her.

"In St. Tropez."

"Alright, do you know this man?" She asked showing Celeste the same picture of Xent as they did to Chris.

"I do."

"Whats your relationship with him?" She asked placing the photo down.

"I barely know him, he's my b-boyfriends cousin." She stammered. She didn't know what to label Chris.

"Alright. Is your relationship healthy with Christopher? You are aware he was charged with a domestic violence offense back in 2010 against his fiancé."

Celeste knew nothing about this part of his past. She knew he had killed her, but as far as her death went. She knew he didn't turn himself in, because he would be in jail right about now.