vingt-cinq

Josie was often a mute child, mute as in doesnt have a big mouth and tell secrets. She is very outgoing, but kept things to herself. Once she saw her uncle and mother in bed, all she did was stare then hurry back into the other bedroom. She figured it wasnt any of her business, it wasnt actually.

"Fuck off me, see what she just had to see?" Chris yells as Cy falls onto the floor, head first. He exits the room and goes downstairs for a glass of water. Where Austin, Aaron and Kim are all chatting and eating pizza rolls.

"What was that thump, everyone okay?" Kim asks him as he walks past them.

"We good." He replies getting his water.

"Aye man, we finna roll out soon. You sure y'all good?" Austin asks and pats his shoulder.

"Take my sister with you. I don't care where she goes but she gotta get out my house." He mumbles as Austin nods.

The next morning Cyrillè comes back to pick up Josie, to go home. Only Josie loves her uncle too much to not put up a fight.

"Josie Nicole. Lets go." Cy snaps at her daughter as she throws a tantrum.

"No! Im not leaving!" She yells down to her mother. She unzips her child sized duffle bag and kicks it down the staircase, everything flies out as Cy stares. She even throws her juice-box with it too. "Im not leaving." She huffs.

"Josie, you have three seconds to get down here before I drag you down here." Cy coaches at her.

Josie stands her ground and folds up her arms.

"One, two..." Cy begins counting.

"I can count too, you're not special mommy." She pouts with her smart mouth. After that comment Cy marches up the stairs and pulls Josie by her shirt and almost, literally drags her down the stairs like she said she would.

"Listen, I wont tolerate your little bitch ass behavior today-" Cy yelled at her as Josie cried.

"You dont talk to a little girl like that, especially when it's your daughter." Celeste says stepping from out of the living room.

"You just mad cause you aint got no kids, all those abortions you probably cant have no kids. And you got shot-" Cy stops talking as she notices Chris at the top of the stairs. Walking down them he stared at his sister as she stared back. He looks down at Josie who is still crying and opens the door.

"Out you go." He says looking at Cy.

"Lets go Josie." She says holding her hand as Josie still resists. At this time Celeste broke down for a moment, she had lost a baby one too many times and her emotions caught up with her, going into the bathroom, she let herself cry.

"If the child wants to stay, let her stay." Chris says trying not to lash out on his sister.

"She's my child and she goes where I say." She claps back. She tugs on Josie's arm trying to pull her out the house.

Eventually, Josie is on her stomach being dragged onto the cement.

"Fuck you doing?" Chris yells and pushes his sister, picking up Josie he lets her cry into his arms as he rocks her. Just as Cy gets up he shut the door in her face and locks it.

"My mommy is so mean to me uncle Chris." Josie cries making his dress shirt wet.

"I know baby, you can stay with me. You'll be alright with me." He cooes effortlessly, placing her on the island counter. He moved up her sleeves to see small scrapes from the cement.

"Oh no, I have boo boo's too!" She cries even harder.

"Shhhh." He says looking around in drawers for bandaids. Once he finds them, he places them on her and her sobs wind down. "You wanna stay here with auntie Celeste?" He asks her.