Destiny Harkon - Challenge Four

User: Lawyer_HeavenlyYard

We were all talking about it, we're going to have a school dance. Ah, it's been awhile since I've participated in one.

I rummaged through my things to find any clothes that I could wear. Wait, did I bring one?

Finally, after minutes of messing up a portion of my room with clothes, I found a dress that had a skirt reaching until

my knee.

Perfect. I thought.

Once I slipped it on, it felt comfortable. Then I heard murmues outside the room, the dance was about to start. Grabbing my shoulder bag, I left my room then headed straight to join the many people dressed in formal attire. Some of them seemed joyful. But just like me, the rest of us were nervous and scared. We would be gathering again, the murderer could strike anytime. Yes, one murderer left roaming free in this campus. Painter, who truly was Arthur, is currently behind bars, at last. I'm glad to hear that this absurd man is finally captured.

And so, the courtyard that was once silent was filled with everyone and their voices, louder than the crickets. I saw the decorations with bright colors decked around. Good thing none of them were red like blood, I've gone through enough to ever see that kind of color ever again. Everyone started dancing, most had their dates, but I didn't have. I'm not used to dancing with someone else. At that moment, all tension and fear disappeared. I could finally go with the sanity and positivity I have left.

In whatever mode the music was, classic or rock, we were all dancing to the beat. I hope the murderer doesn't use this as an opportunity. I went to the washroom for a while to fix myself, still keeping my guard up. Miss Marilyn died in here, I hope Trace doesn't go here. I entered a stall and locked it, then I felt my breathing tense as I heard footsteps. Now I regret going here, didn't they say to stay outside? Oh great.

I stepped on the toilet bowl carefully and peeked through the upper gap of the door. That's when I saw someone in the room. I couldn't see their face, their back was turned to me. But what I can see being held in her hand was a knife. I felt my spine shiver, a gulp made its way down my throat, I forced myself to be quiet. I waited for the person to leave, and luckily they did. After that, I quickly left the washroom then joined the crowd. I can't believe I just saw and escaped a murderer, that must've been Trace. I hope this night goes well.