Hamilton Meredith Lee - Challenge One

User: Rdmwrites

Hamilton woke up early. She always did, but this morning, the little bit of sunlight peeking through the unfamiliar shades was even more so bothersome to her than usual. She rolled over, checking the time before climbing out of bed. Her hair was still wet from a shower late last night, so she finished blow drying and straightening it, before applying makeup- mascara, eyeliner, lip gloss, the usual- to look perfect. Her crisp uniform was put on as usual- the simple skirt, long socks, and neat white blouse looked perfect. Everything about her was perfect, as it should have been.

She took her messenger bag- with everything perfectly organized, and walked silently down the hall, as to not wake anyone else at this early hour. The halls smelled of sterile cleanliness, all but the third floor, which reeked of the unmistakable scent of alcohol. So early in school, and students were already sneaking drinks in. Pathetic, thought Hamilton as she slipped out the door. The sun was just rising, and the cool morning air nipped at her cheeks, making her face flush with a pink color. She didn't mind the cool air, it was fresh, and fresh air was one of the few things that's calmed her stress.

Being the keen student she was, Hamilton decided to walk down to the library, to get a head start on classes. Of course, she took the long way there, halfway around the school. And she what she noticed wasn't quite the intelligence se was expecting.

Towards the back of the west building was a pair of students- one in a dark black jacket, and one in the usual girl's school uniform. They were careful to keep their faces hidden, but the small bag slipped between their fingers was blankly obvious. Even at the most prestigious boarding school in almost the entire world, they still had a drug dealer. Hamilton thought these were supposed to be the smartest kids, not the dumbest.

None the less, Hamilton did have a minor addiction to adrenaline. It helped her, surprisingly enough, deal with herstress. She stomped out that drug addiction as soon as she could, letting it be completely replaced by a much more deadly addiction. Even the most perfect girls have secrets.

Hamilton continued past the drug dealing, and made a mental note of where it had taken place, in case she ever needed a strange favor or something. She walked along the nearly manicured, soft grass, looking at the old cobblestone around the fountain or the large brick halls, with huge windows covered by clean glass. She could see inside each of the buildings when she looked the right way, which mostly meant the sights of huge bookshelves or maps on the wall, and one or two porn movies being made without a camera. Hamilton ignored most of it, scoffing at one particular make out session between two soon-to-be porn stars, before she finally made it to the library. She want expecting what was inside, however. There was a girl at one table, reading a book, and dripping with blood. One of her sleeves was soaked through. Hamilton suspected she was one of the depressed girls, cutting herself, but didn't question her about it, taking a book to the other side of the room.

This school was turning out to be anything but perfect.