Edan Morez - Challenge One

User: PrinceEdan

Fools. That was the only word Edan could use to describe the boys before him. They were on the school's roof under a light blue sky, streaked with white, fluffy clouds. The trouble makers were cornering a small boy with shaggy brown hair and frightened eyes.

Edan approached the group slowly, swaying slightly with each step to imitate their unstable way of walking. The groups' leader had swung his fist at the smaller boy's stomach and the weakling crumpled to the floor. Though Edan didn't know them, he decided to blend in. He wrapped his arm around who he assumed was the leaders' shoulders and chuckled at the younger boy's pain. The group froze, turning towards him with raised eyebrows.

"Who are you?" The voice belonged to the leader; a tall, brutish fellow who had the pale, translucent complexion of a ghost.

"Me?" Edan queried. "I've been here the whole time, bros. Don't stop now, keep beating up the poor little kid that's curled up on the floor, crying like a li'l baby."

The boys hesitated and Edan felt a sudden change in the atmosphere. Their leader shoved Edan's arm and grabbed the neck of his shirt. "Who the hell do you think you are?"

Edan laughed. "Come on folks, I'm just here for some entertainment. Keep it going, you were doing a great job until you stopped."

"Hey, Bruce," said the boy on his left, "let's beat this kid too; I hate people that go around sticking their heads into places it doesn't belong."

Edan shook his head. "I don't think you want to do that."

Bruce narrowed his eyes.

As Bruce threw a punch, Edan caught it in his right hand. Edan placed his weight on his right foot and the left heel impaled itself into Bruce's jaw. Blood spilled down the boy's lips and his eyes blazed with anger.

Edan drew a sharp breath. "I tried to warn you."

The other goons pounced on him. They swung their fist and kicked madly, proving that they lacked any martial arts training.  Edan ducked and spun around them. He swiped his flat hand at a pressure point in each of their necks. Their eyes rolled to the back of their heads and they fell unconscious.

The small boy uncurled from his protective cocoon and watched Edan with wide yes.

Glaring, Edan spoke slowly, "Don't tell anyone."

It was his final year and he didn't want to get expelled over some stupid conflict. He would have to tie up the loose ends when the brats woke up. A simple threat should suffice.