Adam Bennett - Task Two

User: THGF1234

It was dark. It was Sunday, five days after Beth Rose's death. I was writing letters to her parents about her death at the desk in my room. Above the desk there was a bulletin board with two newspaper articles pinned on it. The first read, "BOY'S DOWNFALL ON ACADEMY GROUNDS." The second read, "GIRL MURDERED ON CAMPUS."

A knock bought me to the door. I opened the door to a pale Gabby Caperella, I question to her, "Yes?" "A boy was murdered, Matthew Jackson." My eyes widen as my mouth opened in shock. I walked with Gabby to the shed and I saw a boy stabbed with a stick, his blood glistened in the moonlight. His mouth was wide and his eyes was glassy as looked up toward death.

"Get Arabella." I commanded to Gabby, "Then call the police." She ran off to the school. Moments after, Arabella runs up to me, saying, "Adam? What is going....." She stops as she sees the body. A wail of sirens got louder and I said rapidly, "Ari, do what you can do." Then I storm off, anger enveloping my fear. I walked to my office and slumped into my chair. I run my hands through my head. I take a deep breath as the police knocked on my door.

The following day, which was a Monday, after Matthew Jackson's death, it was very eventful. After teaching my first class at seven in the morning, I had retreated to my office. A large newspaper, was on my desk. It read, "BOY MURDERED, FURTHER ACTIONS TAKEN." I watched the reporter speak on the television. "Last night, on the Carter Hollow Academy, a boy, Matthew Jackson was found dead. Further actions will be taken by the police...."

I paused for a moment before returning to the news reporter. "The Jacksons are mad and may go against the academy. Principal Adam Bennett and Superintendent Arabella Blackwell....." That was when I snapped the television off. After a long while, I hear a raised voice outside the door. Arabella. I got up and opened my door. She was talking into the phone when she jerks the phone away from her ear. I see two police officers coming toward the office.

One asks, "Principal Adam Bennett, we will need to talk to you and Miss Blackwell. I nod and I yell to Arabella, "Arabella!" She turns and sees me gesturing toward my office. The officers stride in as she reply, "Coming." She grumbles before coming into the office. I shut the door shut as Arabella says, "What?" I shrug as I take my eyes toward the two officers.

"Arabella Blackwell, I presume?" asks one, whose voice is deep and quiet. "Yes, that's me." says Arabella. "The academy will be sending over a busload of officers very shortly, we would like to know where they will be staying." Arabella raised an eyebrow. "Staying? she asks. "We were told they would be staying on campus." Ari glances at me over her shoulder as I have a shocked look on my face.

"What officers?" I snap. Arabella sighs and replies, "The ones my uncle has decided to place on campus." I frown deeply before crossing my arms and was about to retort when Ari holds up a finger. "We'll make room in the dorms, a few spread out on each floor so they can keep a eye on them. Is that all?" she confirms. Her choices make me frown deeper.

The officer pursues his lips and replies, "No, we have a new lead and we would like to speak to some people on campus. Our autopsy report discovered a fingerprint on Beth Rose's body. We're going to need to speak to Bryn Hafer. Also we like to question Lily Le again since she was the one who discovered Matthew Jackson's body."

As for Arthur Knightgale, the man you called us about, we can hold him for the next 24 hours to see if we can find something to charge him with. But after that I'm afraid, he is free to do as he wishes." Displeased with the information, I scratch my chin. "I don't think you need to hold Arthur, though I feel he should be watched. I think we should give him a constant police escort for the next twenty four hours."

"As for Bryn and Lily, I can call them to my office but I'd like the interrogations to happen with either Arabella or myself present. Whether we are in the room or behind a one way window, I don't care." I demand. "I think that can be arranged," says the second officer. "Can we wait until after class?" says Arabella. I give her a look that would hopefully give her the answer and to shut up.

I nod and pick up the phone and press a button labeled, PA SYSTEM, and my voice echoes throughout the buildings in campus. "Bryn Hafer and Lily Le, would you report to the principal's office please, thank you." I say with a gruff voice before slamming the phone down. Then Gabby pokes her head into the office, "Adam?" "There's a bunch of police officers standing outside. What should I do with them?" she asks. I stare at the ceiling and reply, "I'm coming, you can handle this, right, Ari?"

She nods and Gabby and I leave the office with a slam. After two hours of organizing the officers into the dorms and a lengthy conversation with Arabella about her uncle's problems and the interrogations, I storm to my room. I stand in front of the bulletin board in my room. I pull out the news article that read, "BOY MURDERED, FURTHER ACTIONS TAKEN" I pin it beside the one concerning Beth Rose's murder.

I start to wonder if Nicholi Trevino actually fall to his death. Or did someone push him? Who murdered Beth Rose? Could it be an accident? Did she kill herself? Did someone murder Matthew? Could it be him tripping and the stick falling into his own chest? I have no answer but myself or someone else will find the murderer for sure. Hopefully before everyone in the academy is murdered by who ever it is.