Michael Aiden - Task One

User: IrishHumanoid

I pondered, ruffling my hair in anxiety. How would the orientation go? Shivering, I audibly grunted, trying to compose myself. Don't be like this now, Mike. My subconscious whirred, unable to stay focused for the slightest moment.

My eyes trailed to the floor, and my chest rose slowly, letting the wave of calmness rinse over my body. Taking the black velvet jacket taught between my fingers, I stared up at the ominous building. I don't care if it was my fourth year here, it still gave me the creeps.

 My gaze ran quietly over the approaching families, my chest knotting in a surge of pain. By my side, there was no one, there never has been. My pessimism was short lived, and soon dove into intimidation.

Adam stared directly at me, his glance feeling like a dagger against my sanity. I swallowed, deciding to trudge past him, looking toward the elegant, paved walkway. "Nice to see you again, Mr. Aiden," He said bluntly, giving me an emotionless 'look over' before vanishing into a jumble of eager individuals.

 My face contorted in sheer awkwardness, only thankful that the confrontation was short. People continued with the ever present visual pat down over me, being that I looked out of place. A black, worn out blazer, a Sex Pistols shirt, studded boots and jeans.

They had described me as an acceptation, my knowledge of music being exemplary, and my attitude being as stubborn as a mule. Fine by me, was all I could think. It was a fine paying job, with pretty adequate people. May I emphasize adequate?

I mean, most the kids here are well off, beyond well off. They could've bought their diplomas, for all I know. Yet, some were snobby. They didn't know what true pain was, and embraced it. This were the ones that aggravated me, drove me over a cliff. Sighing, I became neutral once more, approaching whatever place this meeting would be going down.

Thank the lord they have directions, I don't know how much more I could forget this gothic labyrinth of extravagant walls. I was neglecting myself almost, knowing remembering what this place looked like would be kind of valuable.

Especially for my first day.

An airy chuckle jutted from my lungs, my own arrogance being rather amusing. Wow, I must look insane right now. This new type of heat always shocked my system, being disturbingly different from my home.

My senses were disturbed, causing my muscles to be equally distraught. My labored huffs became noticeable, and my head drooped forward. This wasn't the temperature change, oh god.

I had stumbled upon a scene of mayhem, my mind having guided me blindly. There were so many sounds, screeches, sobs, full-on yells. I brushed over the tragedy that lay in front of me, quickly assessing it.

A boy and a girl. The boy hadn't moved despite the girl's pleads. His chest didn't rise and fall like you'd expect a boy's would. The color didn't mark his face like the beach environment should've, he was disgustingly pale. He was dead.

The realization had me convulsing on my back, only to black out.

Death had saw me. Death didn't want to see me, and shoved me to the floor. Call me old fashioned, but I know what a threat is. Onlookers came to my side immediately, helping my from the concrete grip.

This school year would be a tough one.