"Trace" - Thirteenth Official Murder

I'm alone in here. I have the cool, damp air all to myself. It was getting hot in the gym with so many people packed like scared sardines in there. I'm in a changing stall, wondering why anyone would think it's a good idea to make the bench I'm sitting on out of wood.

An earsplitting creak sounds. Someone's opened the door. I slip off my seat and open the stall door a little bit. Thankfully, it doesn't creak and I change spots, hiding instead behind the lockers that are perpendicular to the changing rooms.

A person steps into the boy's locker room. In the dim light I see dark hair and a flash of white. The person walks deeper in to the room and the light catches his face and I see it's a male.

He moves down the row of benches in the middle of the room while I move away. I go around the lockers between us, matching my steps to his so he doesn't hear any other sounds. I hear the person breathe heavily and sit down but he stays quiet.

The only noise is his breathing and occasional sniffle and the somber dripping of water from the showers. I wait a little longer, feeling the cool metal of the lockers press into my back.

The man shifts, and I hear a crinkling sound that might be paper. i hear soft scratching noise for a few minutes and a muffled metallic clinking sound.

The person stands up and walks towards me and I move away, walking behind the lockers until I'm far from the door and right behind the other person in the room. He moves slightly, and I see the figure is holding a knife.

Quietly, softly, I cross the gap between the two lockers while looking at the man. I see the person's head twitch like he heard something and then shake his head. The guy will definitely be a little more on edge now.

Quickly, I move across the gleaming tile to the shower stall on my left. I almost slip on the wet tile and the person calls out.

"Is anyone in here?" The guy knows he's not alone and I grin because the jig's up.

Throwing away stealth I yank the shower's knob on. Cold water pours out of the shower head and I jump back before I get wet. The man's footsteps ring out in the tiled room as he heads towards the noise.

I rush to the next shower and turn it on, and the one after that, until all the showers on this side of the room are blasting water. By now the person has appeared at the end of the row next to the first shower. He's coming towards me rapidly without slipping on the wet floor.

Angry at his good balance, I run to the other side of the room and start turning on the showers as well. By this time the noise of the showers fills the room and I can't hear my pursuer or anything else. Finishing with the showers, I look behind me but I don't see the person.

I peeled around the edge of the lockers. I don't see the other person. I look down and see the person sprawled on the floor. He was really still, and the knife had flown out of his hand.

I move closer and inspect the man carefully. The lean, dark body and brown curls mark my victim as Edan Morez. I look closer and see his lips moving a little with his breath.

I grab some toilet paper from the few bathroom stalls and use it to hold his knife. With care, I place the blade in his hand. Using more TP I hold his hands that clutch the knife and slit his wrists.

I flush the TP I used and move towards the door. The showers are still running but I can't spare time to turn them off.

As I leave the boys' locker room I feel a little happier. Four kills in 2 days is quite an accomplishment, especially with my methods and plans. I'm not crazy like Hamilton or a sadistic torturer like the other killer. I only kill for experimentation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am accepting guesses.